Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default High Capacity Batteries

I'm looking for a spare battery so started on ebay. Amongst the regular capacity are a whole load of larger ones up around the 4500 mAh mark.

Has anyone used any of these and if so are they worth getting?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: High Capacity Batteries

I have been using a Hyperion 6400mAh battery pack with door and have been very happy with their product. I made the switch a few years ago to buying stuff from Amazon. Much better product and support.

76 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I have tried the mpj slim extended 4500 mah battery.
    Held charge for a little longer than the OEM battery but took a turn for the worse after a couple of weeks.

I am now back to the OEM battery and getting 5h screen on time so will stick with it for the foreseeable future.

If you want something with a higher capacity that works, I have also tried the anker 6500 mah extended battery but didn't like the added bulk. But it is a solid battery though.

Wow. 5 batteries will cost $60!

I have tried a few of the so called 4500 mah batteries on Ebay that claim to be the same size as the original battery and use the original back cover. None of them were any better than the original, which stands to reason because they all weighed exactly the same as the original. (To achieve a higher capacity with the same size cell, a manufacturer would have to pack more lithium into the same space. Even if that was possible, a more dense lithium cell would need to weigh more than an original. These don't.

I am now using an Anker 6400mah battery which is twice the bulk and weight of the original. If you look at it closely, this battery appears to have 2 original size cells stacked together. So it genuinely gives you twice the battery time. Being thicker, it, however, requires a different case back that comes with it. Adding a cover to this increases the bulk a bit more, but I find the more curved back fits the palm of my hand better. But carrying the phone in your pocket becomes more difficult, although not impossible. I ended up buying the Seidio case/holster combination which is meant for their 4800 mah battery, but fits the phone, with the Anker 6400 back, perfectly.

15,780 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,782 Global Posts
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

You could always use power bank - they come up to 20,000mAh. (There are some out now that claim 50,000mAh, but from all the tests I've seen they're about 16,000 to 18,000mAh capacity at a higher price.)

(I'm in the process of reviewing a 7,500 mAh bank, and I may be able to convince the company to come out with some higher power ones in the future. They seem to be using some pretty good cells.)
    If my answer helped you, please hit the Thanks button. Thank you.