All audio thru ear speaker

phatdonkey

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere on the net, and I'm curious if its only happening to me.

From time to time my phone will switch, on its own, to playing everything thru the ear speaker. It hasn't done it mid use but once in a while I will go to watch a video and notice the sound is really silent. I crank the volume up and it only gets marginally louder. I'lI then notice that the sound is playing thru the ear speaker that you would listen to while making a call on the head set.

Its not just for videos either. The phone will play my notifications and all thru the ear speaker.

I'm not expecting a fix right off the bat, I'm just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem.

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere on the net, and I'm curious if its only happening to me.

From time to time my phone will switch, on its own, to playing everything thru the ear speaker. It hasn't done it mid use but once in a while I will go to watch a video and notice the sound is really silent. I crank the volume up and it only gets marginally louder. I'lI then notice that the sound is playing thru the ear speaker that you would listen to while making a call on the head set.

Its not just for videos either. The phone will play my notifications and all thru the ear speaker.

I'm not expecting a fix right off the bat, I'm just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem.

I have never heard of that or had that happen to me.........

phatdonkey

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
After a restart it is fine again.

I havent noticed it to start due to or after using a certain app. Its just random and happens maybe once a week.

I wouldnt have even posted about it, but it has happened about a half dozen times now.

Its an easy fix but its annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Every once in awhile my phone will automatically go on speaker phone, when I answer my calls using the green answer button. Very strange. I'm hoping it's an app messing with it. One of these days, I'll hard reset/wipe my phone. Hopefully that will solve my problem.

Zachary Lankford

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes this has happened to me numerous times, alot of the time i think it's when it's been sitting in the heat. I know it sucks because i have a Gear 2 and if i lay my phone down somewhere and i forget sometimes it's hard to find it because of that. But restarting usually fixes the problem. Not exactly sure what causes it, but i will agree it is a annoying thing to happen.

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
My note 3 has for the past few weeks started having audio issues. I have had the device over a year now. Purchased new at T-mobile. Always encased. Audio only comes through Bluetooth or head set or speaker now, but not as regular phone when placed to ear. If regular audio is attempted, neither party can be heard. All attempts have been made to correct, restart, reinitialize, reboot and even new sin card installed. No go. So T-mobile is sending a replacement. Please let this not end up being the debacle I went through with multiple replacements of the Treo 650! I love my Note 3, but I do not always have a Bluetooth headset on, I dislike ear buds, and not everyone needs a public listen in on my conversations. Besides that a cell phone should function like a phone, right?

Phoenixfury

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had it happen and I can even cause it to happen on my GS5. I've noticed every time my phone rings when I'm using Tunin Radio that all audio routes to the ear piece after the call. I suspect if audio in general is playing on the speaker this my occur.

Posted via the Android Central App

Prudhvi kiran

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
☯ just close running apps.
Can't find solution. But I've managed to over come this. No need to restart your phone. Just close the running apps and try the audio. It'll be normal, through your main speaker. I've observed one thing. While the music is coming through ear speaker just make a call, that automatically pauses the playing audio, and in the call put on the loud speaker and now go to the music player (don't disconnect the call, let it go in speaker mode) and turn on the music, now the audio will get out through main speaker in normal way. Again putting off the speaker mode of the current going call throw back the audio to ear speaker. After disconnecting that call also the audio will play through ear speaker only. I don't know the reason behind this. This is just my observation. Finally I would like to conclude that, no need to restart your phone. Just close the running apps (all) and now try the audio. It'll be fine.

Brittany Wojcik

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

This is also happening to me as well. I just noticed it for the first time today. I have a Galaxy Note 3...If someone comes up with a real explanation please respond to my comment. Thank you.

Joshhouse82

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old post, But my note 4 was doing the same thing , And i was able to track it down to my youmail voicemail app, so once i closed the app everything worked fine...

fattyspecial

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
OK youmail. This is a COLOSSAL screw up. It took me forever to figure out what was going on with my phone (Galaxy S5). It started when I slept through my alarm because all audio was being re-routed to the earpiece. Then I noticed the stock camera wouldn't work. I got the message "unable to use camera during calls". Then I would watch videos and the audio would come out of the earpiece. I even tried factory resetting my phone and that didn't work. I finally found this thread and deleted youmail and the problem was immediately resolved. I'll be asking youmail for a refund and switching to better youmail.

kevin adipo

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung note 2 had this problem of playing audio via ear-peace speaker,
I thought it was a major problem, but was advised to restart my device and to my surprise it worked,
Its the best feeling ever.

yellowman115

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I just noticed my S7 Edge started that today. A restart of my phone fixed it. No idea what caused it. I don't use YouMail so that isn't installed on my phone.

maza918

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed my S7 Edge started that today. A restart of my phone fixed it. No idea what caused it. I don't use YouMail so that isn't installed on my phone.

I am having the same problem on my S6 Edge and the only thing that seems to fix it is a restart. I am also having the same problem on an S7 Edge and the only thing that seems to fix it is it restart also. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this without doing a restart?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae