Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default My battery/screen time screenshots: Thoughts?

My battery/screen time screenshots: Thoughts?-screenshot_2014-06-24-19-17-09.jpgMy battery/screen time screenshots: Thoughts?-screenshot_2014-06-24-19-17-30.jpg

I've been seeing people getting at least 5 to even 7 hours of screen time. I'll likely only get about 4 1/2 even though I always close all my apps, tweaked settings to save battery power, etc. I don't plan on rooting my phone soon so how can I get up to at least 6 hours screen time? Is it just my phone or do people who get up to 6 hours literally turn everything off?

I notice that when I'm in settings just browsing, it uses a % every few minutes. Same thing when I'm web browsing.

Global Posts
    21,629 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: My battery/screen time screenshots: Thoughts?

Seeing the low signal bars makes me think that is what is doing a fair share of reducing the battery life.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Just enjoy your phone and don't worry about it. 4.5-5hrs is pretty decent for a phone this big and powerful.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Post a pic of the battery graph.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Here are the most r3cent screenshots. Barely got 4 hours.

With regard to low signal strength doesn't a strong wifi connection alleviate the problem?

I definitely enjoy this bad boy device but I get OCD about these things which is why I ask for advice.

I just ran cleanmaster as well. I wouldn't be opposed to eventually rooting to nova launcher ROM if it does prolong battery life as I've seen it does. For the time being i plan on being on stock ROM.

I should also note that the device slightly heats up when watching a 10 min YouTube video and just surfing the Web while charging.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My battery/screen time screenshots: Thoughts?-1.jpg   My battery/screen time screenshots: Thoughts?-screenshot_2014-06-24-22-24-01.jpg   My battery/screen time screenshots: Thoughts?-screenshot_2014-06-24-22-30-05.jpg  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

1. disregard screentime unless it is a real problem for you.

2. 6 hours without rooting... I doubt it's doable.

I generally would not root myself, until recently. I rooted, and greenified quite a few apps. I hit just over 48 hours of battery time, with above 6 hours of screen time.

I just don't see it happening without rooting.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Not sure if this plays a factor but my device came with 4.3 on it instead of kitkat. Should I change it out so it has the latest OS on it or just stick with this version?

Anything over 1 day is good screen time aside as it depends on what you are doing.

Great thing about Samsung is the spare batteries
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 4- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

Quote Originally Posted by sticker12 View Post
    Not sure if this plays a factor but my device came with 4.3 on it instead of kitkat. Should I change it out so it has the latest OS on it or just stick with this version?

That is up to you. Some people have been complaining a bout the KK update, but for me it has worked great. Another thing to note is that the last 1% of the battery lasts about 30 minutes!
    Madd54 likes this.

I noticed that, on occasion. It must be built in. I wouldn't always depend on it to get me out of trouble though.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I noticed that, on occasion. It must be built in. I wouldn't always depend on it to get me out of trouble though.

I don't know about depending on it, but at 1% we pretty much consider our phones dead, so the extra juice is just welcome!
    Thanked by: