Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  • 1 Post By njstringer
  • 2 Post By zmann
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will the Note 3 be upgraded to Android L?

What do you guys think the chances of the note 3 getting Android L? I didn't see the keynote so if they have come out and said I haven't yet seen.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Will the Note 3 be upgraded to Android L?

????????????????

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"

Yes it will get it but till sometime next year 😢

Sent From My Beast The Note3

Hopefully when Samsung does upgrade it, it will include the SGS5 new TouchWiz UI as well. Here's to hoping.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile via Android Central App

One can only wish. I just hope that we can get the extreme power saving mode.

ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by oscari View Post
    One can only wish. I just hope that we can get the extreme power saving mode.

Power saving mode is built in to 'L'.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    ????????????????

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Back to Android school for us when that happens, huh?

I hope you kept your ticket. 👐 ☺

Thanked by 2:
    Jalopiejoe likes this.

Thanked by:
    Madd54 

Quote Originally Posted by TylerJNelson32 View Post
    What do you guys think the chances of the note 3 getting Android L? I didn't see the keynote so if they have come out and said I haven't yet seen.

It will be updated, just will take awhile for samsung to slap their super heavy skin on top and get it working right.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    It will be updated, just will take awhile for samsung to slap their super heavy skin on top and get it working right.
    Part of the issue with former version of Android was the fact that companies like Samsung and LG did just that, they adulterated the interface which is what "L" is going to address. The new version of the OS is designed to operate with as little tinkering as possible. Google at I/O stated that one of the primary reasons for the new Material Design interface was to address some of the growing problems of fragmentation and in designing the new OS they are going to maintain a greater degree of control.

"The idea of obvious: remove the fragmented way Android looks and bring consistency to the app world not matter what device you're on."
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by njstringer View Post
    Part of the issue with former version of Android was the fact that companies like Samsung and LG did just that, they adulterated the interface which is what "L" is going to address. The new version of the OS is designed to operate with as little tinkering as possible. Google at I/O stated that one of the primary reasons for the new Material Design interface was to address some of the growing problems of fragmentation and in designing the new OS they are going to maintain a greater degree of control.

"The idea of obvious: remove the fragmented way Android looks and bring consistency to the app world not matter what device you're on."
    If that happens I will be happy, just hard to see it happening so soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care if it does or doesn't,, I figure 4 months til the note 4 and I'm certain that will have it.. The dude who bought my note 2 is waiting to buy my 3 so I can get 4.lol. I'm sure they will wait to sell a bunch of new phones before giving any more new major updates to the old.

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING
    love my evo.
    msndrstood and Madd54 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I don't care if it does or doesn't,, I figure 4 months til the note 4 and I'm certain that will have it.. The dude who bought my note 2 is waiting to buy my 3 so I can get 4.lol. I'm sure they will wait to sell a bunch of new phones before giving any more new major updates to the old.

While it's possible, I wouldn't count on the Note 4 being released with L unless Samsung pushes back the typical release timeframe for it or Google rushes the release of L. The current developer preview is in early stages and needs a lot of work. The only timeframe we have for L to be officially released is "sometime this fall" and that would be for nexus devices. If the Note 4 comes out in September, it's not likely L would be finished and tested in time for the Note 4.

Now the L release timeframe could get pushed up by Google or the Note 4 release could be held for L. But without knowing if either of those will happen, it's more likely right now to assume the Note 4 will not be initially released with L. No harm in hoping, of course, but just saying don't expect it until both releases get closer and we have some actual information to work with.

Well, at very least I'm sure the 4 will have l before the 3.

love my evo.