i need help about screen home of galaxy note 3

yasmoo

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
hi everybody

my mobile is galaxy note 3 ,, 4 generatin network

i have question plz

i want way or application that enable me to put 2 folders in one folder on screen home ?

Note:

i did try some launcher application but it is not usefull for me .

thank all

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
You can put several app icons in one folder / tray in the home screens, or in the dock on the bottom, if that what you mean.

Interesting! How do you do that ? Inquiring minds would like to know! 😉

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Interesting! How do you do that ? Inquiring minds would like to know! 😉

"Size Does Matter!"

App drawer / list - menu - create folder - rename folder, find empty folder in app drawer, drag icons in, move to homescreen (drag down to dock).

4ymave6u.jpg

epyze4u5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You can make folders with Nova, but you can't have folders in folders.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Yes you can. When you edit the folder you just choose the other folders you want in it.

Here, you can see I just made a My Folders folder and put all my other folders in it.

Screenshot_2014-06-28-11-41-53.jpg
Screenshot_2014-06-28-11-42-00.jpg

Last edited:

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Now I have learned how to create an app drawer (and I did) how can I remove apps from the drawer without deleting them?

"Size Does Matter!"

Assuming you are talking about apps in a folder, not the app drawer, if you're using the stock launcher. just long press on the app and drag to the top of the screen to Remove.

If you wanted to remove apps from being shown in the actual app drawer that contains all the apps, you can use Nova to hide them, but not the stock launcher.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Assuming you are talking about apps in a folder, not the app drawer, if you're using the stock launcher. just long press on the app and drag to the top of the screen to Remove.

Got it! Thanks!👍

"Size Does Matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Got it! Thanks!👍

"Size Does Matter!"

Hmm.
The folder is still in the app drawer itself as well, so removing icons in the homescreen folder won't work if you also want to delete the folder you created.
It took 3 tries, but to remove the folder completely but leave the apps: - Swipe the folder to the trash can while in menu - edit mode and you will see the screen below. ☺

e2u5u4yp.jpg

tyjamaby.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
BTW - I didn't know what an App Drawer was, but it's an older Android term and refers to the app 'list' when you come out of homescreen mode by touching the grid icon in the dock. I used to call it an app list or the apps pages.

The folder you created, that I refer to as a 'tray' - cos - well, it's what it looks like, is actually called a 'folder'. Go figure.

Bid

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can. When you edit the folder you just choose the other folders you want in it.

Here, you can see I just made a My Folders folder and put all my other folders in it.

View attachment 125388
View attachment 125389

I'm trying to do this exact thing on my note 3. How do I initially create a folder like what you've done with "My folders" on my home screen and then place folders of apps within that folder?

The amazing Note 3!

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to do this exact thing on my note 3. How do I initially create a folder like what you've done with "My folders" on my home screen and then place folders of apps within that folder?

The amazing Note 3!

First, you have to install Nova Launcher and set it as your home launcher.
Then, in Nova Settings, go to Drawer and then Drawer Groups.
Click on the Folder tab and click the + button up top to create a new folder.
Then click on the folder you just created and place a check mark next to the folders you want in it.
Exit or back out of the settings and go to the app drawer.
Long press on folder and drag to homescreen.

Bid

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
First, you have to install Nova Launcher and set it as your home launcher.
Then, in Nova Settings, go to Drawer and then Drawer Groups.
Click on the Folder tab and click the + button up top to create a new folder.
Then click on the folder you just created and place a check mark next to the folders you want in it.
Exit or back out of the settings and go to the app drawer.
Long press on folder and drag to homescreen.

Ok I've done all of that now thank you so much! My only problem is the folders I have on my home screen were never created through the app drawer in Nova settings, they were just created by dragging and dropping one app on top of another on the home screen and it automatically made a folder and I would just add to it and rename it from there so none of those home screen personalized folders are in my drawer section in Nova Settings so I have to make them again lol

The amazing Note 3!

yasmoo

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I do not believe that is possible.

You can do that with Nova.

You can put several app icons in one folder / tray in the home screens, or in the dock on the bottom, if that what you mean.

It seems just can move icons into 1 folder...

Ok I've done all of that now thank you so much! My only problem is the folders I have on my home screen were never created through the app drawer in Nova settings, they were just created by dragging and dropping one app on top of another on the home screen and it automatically made a folder and I would just add to it and rename it from there so none of those home screen personalized folders are in my drawer section in Nova Settings so I have to make them again lol

The amazing Note 3!

thank you all for great discuss that realy help me

Nova is great launcher

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci