Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung knox 2.0

How can I get Samsung knox 2.0 on the galaxy note 3?

Default Re: Samsung knox 2.0

What version of Knox do you have? That's the version I have on mine. What model Note 3 do you have?

This are 2 different points. Knox 1 installation version 2 is the old Knox. Knox 2 installation version 1 is question. I think now it is called Knox workspace and it is monthly payed service and you need to get the licence over your MDM.

Hmm. Can someone with an international version say if they got Knox 2.0. According to Samsung, it was supposed to be included in the 4.4.2 update and that is supposed to be how to upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 - it says you upgrade by installing 4.4.2 OS on your phone. I'm wondering if the phones that get their update direct from Samsung instead of a carrier got it or not.

I had never installed Knox on this phone and assumed that the version 2.0.0 as listed in application manager was Knox 2.0 since Samsung says we're supposed to have it already. Because of milanroubal's post I just installed Knox to see if it would update to the new version, but it is clearly not Knox 2.0. So now I'm wondering if anyone got it with the KitKat update or nobody did, despite what Samsung says.

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Hmm. Can someone with an international version say if they got Knox 2.0. According to Samsung, it was supposed to be included in the 4.4.2 update and that is supposed to be how to upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 - it says you upgrade by installing 4.4.2 OS on your phone. I'm wondering if the phones that get their update direct from Samsung instead of a carrier got it or not.

I had never installed Knox on this phone and assumed that the version 2.0.0 as listed in application manager was Knox 2.0 since Samsung says we're supposed to have it already. Because of milanroubal's post I just installed Knox to see if it would update to the new version, but it is clearly not Knox 2.0. So now I'm wondering if anyone got it with the KitKat update or nobody did, despite what Samsung says.
    My UK/EU SM-N9005 has a 3.0 and a 1.0.
    I don't know when it appeared. I'm on 4.4. They are obviously inactive.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Exaggerating since 756 BC

Take Note: I'm a Stickler for Detial

This is the installation version, so this is Knox 1 installation revision 1.0 and 3.0. I have there revision 2.0 and 3.0. The version of Knox itself you can get when you start Knox, press menu, Knox settings and About Knox.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 

Well, interestingly, just today a new firmware was released for the UK note 3 that includes Knox 2.0.
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Well, interestingly, just today a new firmware was released for the UK note 3 that includes Knox 2.0.
    Go figure!
    Exaggerating since 756 BC

Take Note: I'm a Stickler for Detial