Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Hi, I got my N3 two months back.. I had a choice of any phone I choose this over the S5 bc of the internal memory being 32 gigs. I love this phone and very content with it, I can see myself using it for a long time. How is everyone else liking theres?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are you still really happy with your Note 3?-screenshot_2014-06-29-20-44-00.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Are you still really happy with your Note 3?

I love my note 3, I got mine around 5 months ago and it's still perfect. Unlike most people who get new phones every month (mostly everyone here in these forums) I'll be having mine for a long time and I guess I'll wait for the Note 5.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    johnmltb33 likes this.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I've had my GN3 for almost a year and still love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything but a GN4!!! LOL!!!

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Love mine. I won't get anything smaller than the Note series. I'll wait and see what the Note 4 offers, but it's hard to resist that latest and greatest tug, especially since we'll be upgraded to L before Xmas, I think.
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Madd54 likes this.

Been with me for 7 months. Absolutely love this phone and am using S-pen more often (@ work). I don't think I can upgrade to any other phone other than note series. But want to hold on to this until note 5.

johnmltb33 likes this.

coming from a galaxy nexus, I really thought I'd stick with the nexus line of phones. But after 3 months of using my Note 3, I really can't see myself using anything but the Note series. This is easily the best device I've ever owned. Although my PPC 6700 was pretty cool, way back when

dschoenike

YES. nuff said.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    johnmltb33 and Madd54 like this.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I am into my second month with it and so far i like it. Only issue I have with it is the camera which I think is not as good as that on the Note 2, which I upgraded from.

I've had mine a while now and it's still fantastic to me. Unlike every other phone I've had, there hasn't been a single moment when I've felt the N3 lacked in some way. Some of the software could be better written, but that's an Android/Samsung issue and nothing to do with the hardware.

I'm ruined now. Will never go back to owning a smaller phone after experiencing this.
    Madd54 likes this.

Have had mine since day one and I'm still loving it!

Global Posts
    5,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

I have the AT&T version. Locked bootloader. That's the one thing I don't like. Other than that (and I have to get a 128GB SD card one of these days), I really can't think of anything I don't like about it. (I really need about a 12" screen, but in a pocket-size phone, due to my vision, but getting a younger body. is probably more possible) It's not exactly as good as a good notebook, but I can do most of my work on the phone, so aside from intense typing (like posting to forums), I use the N3 for just about everything.

I've had my Note 3 for about a month and I love it more and more. I'm convinced that I chose the right device. I'm still learning about all the things it can do and I'm enjoying it.

I really love the Note 3 also, it is soo much smoother of an experience than the Note 2. I am glad that I upgraded.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone)
    Google Nexus 7 (current tablet)

I've had my Note 3 since it first came out! The Note 4 has to really impress me for me to change! I love this thing. It's been 9 months and I'm still addicted to it.
    Thanked by:
    Glitzy35 and MissouriFarmer like this.

I got my Note 3 And love it.... Got it only because it had a bigger battery for better battery life, 32GB option , and well it was bigger screen. My next phone will either be the 5.5 inch Iphone, Note 4 or if they sell the 32gb G3 on T-mobile

I have had Note 3 for 4 months and it is foreign to me. It sucks for user friendliness. I still use my Iphone 4 because it is easier to navigate and far more efficient than note 3. I fumble through apps and functions where on my Iphone 4, I touch one maybe two buttons and i am there. i wish there was a school to go to for learning the Note 3. I dont even use it because it is so unfriendly even on settings. Everything takes studying and stumbling to learn something IF it can be done. I should have never bought the Note 3. Totally unfriendly

Quote Originally Posted by Emetrius Nowell View Post
    I have had Note 3 for 4 months and it is foreign to me. It sucks for user friendliness. I still use my Iphone 4 because it is easier to navigate and far more efficient than note 3. I fumble through apps and functions where on my Iphone 4, I touch one maybe two buttons and i am there. i wish there was a school to go to for learning the Note 3. I dont even use it because it is so unfriendly even on settings. Everything takes studying and stumbling to learn something IF it can be done. I should have never bought the Note 3. Totally unfriendly
    Well, each to his own. Please remember that you are moving from one culture to another. There will be a learning curve. Hopefully, without giving offense, I note that the tone of your post is extremely negative.
    Difficult to learn anything with a bad attitude.
    You should go back to the phone you liked. Maybe the new larger iPhone would suit you better.
    'God used different strokes to make different folks '. Nothing wrong about preferring the iPhone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 3:
    Closingracer likes this.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I am happy with mine. The ONLY thing that is getting on my nerves is the antenna. Signal on this is lower on the 3 than on the 2. I miss phone calls on a regular basis at home and that didn't happen on the Note 2. I am on the Verizon version of the device.

The Note 3 is one awesome piece of hardware otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Could not be happier. Will only upgrade/change it out if the Note 4 has a YOUM display. I am one of the fortunate ones that get to play with all the flagship phones (except Sony) for an extended period and I have not found one that is better. Sure somethings could be improved on, but all in all it is the total package.

Quote Originally Posted by Emetrius Nowell View Post
    Not sure what carrier you use/where you are but I know that Verizon - at least the ones in San Diego - has classes on the note 3. I have 2 friends (they came over from flip phones to the note 3!) who took it and it helped them out a lot. I know they also offer more generic classes on iOS as well as android OS.

Also, what helped me out was utube there are a bunch of videos on where to find things and set stuff up etc.

I must be the odd one out because I found apple products (I had an iPhone 4S for 2 yrs and I still have an ipad) more confusing than android/the note 3.

Oh, and I like to come in here also when I need help or advice. Plus, I just like reading as I find things out that I never knew before.

Responding to the OP:
    I've had my note 3 since it was released and I love it. The battery life is fabulous (though I will say it has decreased minimally (~5%) since switching to kitkat - but, even with that 5% loss I'm still getting over 16-18 hours, sometimes over 20.

The camera took a little while getting used to - as the iPhone seemed to snap faster - but after learning more about the camera on the phone and how it works I have no complaints. I get great photos and videos.

Finally - LOVE the screen and the s-pen. It just comes in SO handy ...instead of searching through my Mary Poppins purse (for what seems like hours!) I just pull out the pen and away I go :-)

Unless the Note 4 is something super dooper I will most likely wait till the note 5. As I don't think the note 3 will be anywhere close to "out of date" even 2 yrs down the line.

Sarks.

Madd54 likes this.

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts

A month in and generally happy with it. Caveats to that would be the really slow camera operation - terrific lag between clicking 'shutter' to picture being taken - that I'm simply not used to having come from an iPhone, and the amount of crapware (or what should be user-choice install) embedded in Samsung's Android. Apple is guilty of it too, I grant you - so an issue generally.

Mine's nearly a year old now, and still haven't found anything that really compels me to trade it in. I'm waiting to see what the Note 4 brings to the table, and although I know it's a long shot, if it was water-resistant like the S5 then THAT would be my next phone

I agree with Bazza, the only thing I could do without is the terrible shutter lag and low-light handling. It's even as if setting the flash to Auto requires you to be in utter darkness before it kicks in instead of the laggy auto-night mode. Try capturing anything that moves even a tiny bit (i.e. anything that is alive) while not in bright sunlight and you get blurry pictures nearly all the time unless you have a REALLY steady hand or are using a tripod. Other than that, I'm very happy.
    Thanked by:

I had the Note 2 a few years back, but didn't bother with the Note 3 as I feel it's big selling point (the sheer size of it) is now being matched by most flag ship phones, look at the G3 size for example. Do you think the Note 4 will go bigger than the Note 3 or do you think the S Pen is it's main selling difference to other phones these days?

I'v had my Note 3 since January 2014. This is my 2nd smart phone. I love this phone. After 7 months I'm only using about 40% of what this phone can do.
    I will consider the Note 4 when it comes out, or the next Nexus\android silver line of phones.
    The camera could be better in low light conditions, and the lack of timely upgrades are the only negatives. The upgrade issue is a Verizon problem.
    Did you know that the Note 3 was still the 4th highest-rated smartphone in a recent survey I saw, even though it is considered a "old phone".

Posted via Android Central App from my Rose Gold Samsung Galaxy Note 3

mine!
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast