Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Screen protector question

    So I've had my Note 3 for about 3 months now with no issues. I currently have a Zagg screen protector on it, but it has always felt a little sticky and now I'm noticing fingerprints starting to collect.

    I've wiped it down and even used some baby wipes and tried rubbing alcohol to, but it just feels bad to me now, can't get it clean.

    I went naked screen on my old iPhone 4S and loved it so much better and never had a scratch.

    Anyone think it's absolutely necessary to keep a screen protector on the Note 3? I'd much rather go naked, but concerned about this much bigger screen real estate having a higher chance of picking up scratches.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    jpr
    jpr is offline
    jpr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,701 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen protector question

    Is it a glass screen protector or plastic? You should never use alcohol or any chemical products on a screen with oleophobic coating. If it's a plastic protector i would suggest you get a glass one.
  3. #3  
    Rukbat's Avatar

    Posts
    20,063 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,068 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

    Default Re: Screen protector question

    I'd never use a phone without some kind of screen protector - even a cheap "3 for $5" type is better than scratching the screen. And replacing them is cheaper than paying shipping to replace a Zagg Shield. (Zagg's warranty is unconditional - when I had to have my phone replaced, they replaced the screen protector for me. But the cheap ones are still cheaper. I'm on my first one on my Note 3 - after about 6 months. Looking at it really carefully under a strong light showed some streaks on the surface, but a good gentle wiping with a tissue took care of it. And I still have 2 of them left. By the time I've worn all 3 out, I probably won't be using this phone any more.)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Screen protector question

    Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Is it a glass screen protector or plastic? You should never use alcohol or any chemical products on a screen with oleophobic coating. If it's a plastic protector i would suggest you get a glass one.
    Is plastic. I wonder if the wipes and alcohol I've been using ate what caused it to look bad then.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Screen protector question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    I'd never use a phone without some kind of screen protector - even a cheap "3 for $5" type is better than scratching the screen. And replacing them is cheaper than paying shipping to replace a Zagg Shield. (Zagg's warranty is unconditional - when I had to have my phone replaced, they replaced the screen protector for me. But the cheap ones are still cheaper. I'm on my first one on my Note 3 - after about 6 months. Looking at it really carefully under a strong light showed some streaks on the surface, but a good gentle wiping with a tissue took care of it. And I still have 2 of them left. By the time I've worn all 3 out, I probably won't be using this phone any more.)
    Yeah I should probably pick up some cheap ones and just replace mine. Really bums me out to cover up that beautiful screen though.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    jpr
    jpr is offline
    jpr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,701 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen protector question

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalvin Kerns View Post
    Is plastic. I wonder if the wipes and alcohol I've been using ate what caused it to look bad then.

    Posted via Android Central App
    It's glass protectors that have the oleophobic coating. Really, try a tempered glass one - you won't have to miss your beautiful screen then.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Screen protector question

    Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    It's glass protectors that have the oleophobic coating. Really, try a tempered glass one - you won't have to miss your beautiful screen then.
    OK I'll look into that. Thank you.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Screen protector question

    Or just go on eBay and get some clear ones. They work just as good as the glass one!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Screen protector question

    Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post
    Or just go on eBay and get some clear ones. They work just as good as the glass one!
    Cool I'm checking out amazon.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T (ZTE) Radiant - Lock Screen Options
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 01:40 AM
  2. Call display question
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 01:00 AM
  3. LG G2 screen too dim - is it dead?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 05:54 PM
  4. Screen coming on during wireless charging
    By mgftp in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 05:16 AM
  5. HTC One white screen
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 10:19 AM

Posting Permissions