GN3 N9005 Charging issue.

AndroidNote3

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Just after the update for the international galaxy note 3 im unable to charge my phone from any socket outlet, i have tried 2 different leads and 2 difference plugs and it will not charge my phone. However if i plug my usb cable into my pc/xbox360/ps4 and then put my phone on charge it will charge my phone. This has only occurred since that update today.

Can someone help please, i dont want to have to send it off for weeks to be repaired or whatever, i need my phone everyday for work ect.

AndroidNote3

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have also done a Wipe Cache in safe mode and thats still not fixed it, I am not a big fan of master reseting tho as i hate having to load tons of things back onto my phone :(

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone help??

I really don't know but have you removed the battery? Try removing it for at least 5 minutes and then while the battery is not in the phone, press each of the hard buttons for at least 30 seconds each one at a time, starting with the Power button, then each of the volume and then Home.

Also remove the sim and sd card.

AndroidNote3

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I really don't know but have you removed the battery? Try removing it for at least 5 minutes and then while the battery is not in the phone, press each of the hard buttons for at least 30 seconds each one at a time, starting with the Power button, then each of the volume and then Home.

Also remove the sim and sd card.
Okay thank you ill give this a go but do you think its a charging port fault? The usb 3.0 cable works when plugged into a pc/ a console but will not work on any socket outlet at all

AndroidNote3

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Ive just removed my battery and left it for about 20mins, i also held each button for 30+ seconds and removed sim and sd card, plugged into a socket and still wont charge my phone. But as soon as i plug the lead into my pc it charges my phone

AndroidNote3

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
A am also getting this if this helps anyone, Any socket outlet i plug my usb and phone into i get this on my battery settings:

Current Value:
*Voltage: 3881.0 (mV)
ADC:0
*Level: 60%

Now if i plug it into a pc/console i get this:

Current Value:
*Voltage: 4000.0 (mV)
ADC: 0
*Level: 60%

So obviously by this power isnt being transferred from any socket outlet to my phone, however power is transferred if i plug my phone into a Pc/console.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Do you have USB debugging turned on? If that's not it and you've tried both multiple ac chargers and multiple cables, then I think it's time to bring it to wherever you bought it from or call Samsung. I know you didn't want to do a factory reset, but if you're going to bring/send it for replacement or repair anyway, then a reset isn't going to hurt first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon