Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GN3 N9005 Charging issue.

Just after the update for the international galaxy note 3 im unable to charge my phone from any socket outlet, i have tried 2 different leads and 2 difference plugs and it will not charge my phone. However if i plug my usb cable into my pc/xbox360/ps4 and then put my phone on charge it will charge my phone. This has only occurred since that update today.

Can someone help please, i dont want to have to send it off for weeks to be repaired or whatever, i need my phone everyday for work ect.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: GN3 N9005 Charging issue.

I have also done a Wipe Cache in safe mode and thats still not fixed it, I am not a big fan of master reseting tho as i hate having to load tons of things back onto my phone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Anyone help??

Update today? What carrier and was it an OTA?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidNote3 View Post
    Anyone help??
    I really don't know but have you removed the battery? Try removing it for at least 5 minutes and then while the battery is not in the phone, press each of the hard buttons for at least 30 seconds each one at a time, starting with the Power button, then each of the volume and then Home.

Also remove the sim and sd card.

Quote Originally Posted by alxarambula View Post
    Update today? What carrier and was it an OTA?

Posted via Android Central App
    New firmware N9005XXUFNF4 for international Note 3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    I really don't know but have you removed the battery? Try removing it for at least 5 minutes and then while the battery is not in the phone, press each of the hard buttons for at least 30 seconds each one at a time, starting with the Power button, then each of the volume and then Home.

Also remove the sim and sd card.
    Okay thank you ill give this a go but do you think its a charging port fault? The usb 3.0 cable works when plugged into a pc/ a console but will not work on any socket outlet at all
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ive just removed my battery and left it for about 20mins, i also held each button for 30+ seconds and removed sim and sd card, plugged into a socket and still wont charge my phone. But as soon as i plug the lead into my pc it charges my phone
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

A am also getting this if this helps anyone, Any socket outlet i plug my usb and phone into i get this on my battery settings:

Current Value:
    *Voltage: 3881.0 (mV)
    ADC:0
    *Level: 60%

Now if i plug it into a pc/console i get this:

Current Value:
    *Voltage: 4000.0 (mV)
    ADC: 0
    *Level: 60%

So obviously by this power isnt being transferred from any socket outlet to my phone, however power is transferred if i plug my phone into a Pc/console.

Do you have USB debugging turned on? If that's not it and you've tried both multiple ac chargers and multiple cables, then I think it's time to bring it to wherever you bought it from or call Samsung. I know you didn't want to do a factory reset, but if you're going to bring/send it for replacement or repair anyway, then a reset isn't going to hurt first.
    Madd54 likes this.