Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By atkichr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extended life aftermarket battery?

Can anyone suggest a replacement battery that fits in the original space that lasts much longer than OEM?πŸ‘πŸ˜’
    There are several listed on eBay but if you read the reviews they are no better or junk!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Last edited by Jalopiejoe; 07-05-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Default Re: Extended life aftermarket battery?

Without spending alot more you can't get more charge from the same space. Most cell phone batteries are Lithium-polymer and the upgrade is Lithium-ion but it costs around 100 times more by volume. Lithium-ion can have a more dense charge capacity within the same foot print.

So unless your willing to spend about $100-$200 for the spare battery just get a second of similar quality.

P.S. There are some exception but only in the range of 10-15% more but still expect them to cost alittle more than the avg. OEM replacement. Andida a Japanese battery company is a good one to check out.

http://www.andida.hk/en/main.asp
    Thanked by:

Here's one I just bought. Had the same kind for my s4. Has all day power never needed a spare

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extended life aftermarket battery?-screenshot_2014-07-07-17-27-30.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Baby_Doc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atkichr View Post
    Here's one I just bought. Had the same kind for my s4. Has all day power never needed a spare

I guess experience may vary with this cell. I didn't get any longer usage time with this extended cell than with a new OEM cell. BTW, they both weighed in exactly the same, which makes me believe that the claim of 4360 mah for the "extended" cell is exaggerated.

Thanked by:

I had this at 47% this morning when I left for work. At 32% as of 8:30pm.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

i'm also looking for one. do not buy the 4500mah ebay black ones. i used to buy the extended one for my htc phones and they were fine. But the other day i pulled htc phone out of storage and the battery was literally swollen twice the size. luckily the battery wasn't in the phone. As for the ones for the note 3, I bought 2x 4500mah, and yes they are junk. Both put together couldn't hold a charge longer than one oem battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extended life aftermarket battery?-note34500.jpg  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by jxlee#WN View Post
    i'm also looking for one. do not buy the 4500mah ebay black ones. i used to buy the extended one for my htc phones and they were fine. But the other day i pulled htc phone out of storage and the battery was literally swollen twice the size. luckily the battery wasn't in the phone. As for the ones for the note 3, I bought 2x 4500mah, and yes they are junk. Both put together couldn't hold a charge longer than one oem battery.
    I just bought an Andida 3200 mAh extended life battery that I am trying right now! I will report back with my findings on it. If it turns out to be a piece of crap, I also bought an Anker 3200 which seems to get good reviews. The Andida has a weird brake-in period.
    You are supposed to run the battery all the way down then charge for 10 hours and do this for 4 cycles, then you are to see a improvement of life over the original battery. (??)
    We'll see! I'll report back.πŸ˜‰πŸ‘Œ

"Size Does Matter!"
    Last edited by Jalopiejoe; 07-10-2014 at 08:00 AM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    I just bought an Andida 3200 mAh extended life battery that I am trying right now! I will report back with my findings on it. If it turns out to be a piece of crap, I also bought an Anker 3200 which seems to get good reviews. The Andida has a weird brake-in period.
    You are supposed to run the battery all the way down then charge for 10 hours and do this for 4 cycles, then you are to see a improvement of life over the original battery. (??)
    We'll see! I'll report back.πŸ˜‰πŸ‘Œ

"Size Does Matter!"
    Other than the weird charging ritual, I wanted to talk to someone about the Andida battery and could not find a way to do so.
    I did call Anker and got some questions answered and installed their Anker 3200 mAh battery and am pleased so far by the way it seems to last! πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

"Size Does Matter!"
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I'm happy with my Anker battery so far!

"Size Does Matter!"
    Last edited by Jalopiejoe; 07-21-2014 at 06:46 PM.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    I'm happy with my Anker battery so far!

"Size Does Matter!"

"Size Does Matter!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extended life aftermarket battery?-1405986441568.jpg   Extended life aftermarket battery?-1405986482696.jpg