WiFi won't switch now until a reboot, 2 days into new FW.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Wifi panel icon stays mid green between off and on.
Wifi switch in Settings will slide right to on but won't light up.
I only had the panel icon midway thing yesterday, 1 day after the international SM-N9005 180gb update.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=405732

I had the faulty switch thing several times today and I waited patiently for it to rectify. When I take a screenshot it will blink green for a second afterwards.

The screen has had graphics errors, where the transition from one screen to another leaves a stuttering glass image of e. g. the homescreen icons on the new page for 1-2 seconds.

Developer options has gone from the General tab, but I know how to get it back if it's still available, so it's not that.

The data notification can suddenly disappear also in a stable position, from H+ to just gone. So just now I had wifi gone for a while, then data went. I am in this building a few times a week. (A coffee shop).

Any settings I am missing?

Ths is coming to a (cinem-) phone near you soon.

[See also new wording when on my strong home wifi yesterday. Although it will still then connect. Getting more silly on wifi fussiness when it's supposed to be improving.]

etu9ese9.jpg

y8a8e3e4.jpg

u7y9ugep.jpg

dypa6ata.jpg

yje5avu2.jpg

y3uhery8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The Wifi issue happens on the TMO update too. I assumed it would be a TMO specific issue but I guess it was a Samsung issue then. It happens for me when the phone goes into deep sleep with Wifi on. Try going into airplane mode several seconds and then turning airplane mode off. That resets it for me without a reboot. I just turn off wifi now when I am not going to be using my phone again shortly. You can also try setting wifi to always stay on in advanced wifi settings. That may prevent the sleep problem. It will use more battery though. (I see you have it set to always already - all your pictures didn't load for me the first time I opened the thread).

Edit: Here's where I mentioned it after our update: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...-new-update-yet-n900tuvudne6.html#post3676673

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you gotten the new update for TMO?
Im on N900TUVUDNF1
No problems with WiFi for me.

Yes I have it. Same problem. Perhaps your phone isn't going into deep sleep. Or maybe there is some elusive combination of settings. Others on TMO have experienced it too since the last two updates.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I did happen to switch wifi sleep to plugged in only in the last couple of days, then put it back to always when trying to rectify this.
I will also try airplane mode rather than reboot.
I hope it rectifies.
I also use wifi matic which remembers your regular wifi places and turns it off when you leave, so I will uninstall that for a while.

It seems on mine to be a loss of a switching conmands from the screen to the cpu, if I explain that right. Which is why I want buttons, switches and wheels to make a comeback!

You don't have the on/off images on the screen I take it. When you switch it on it comes on.
I'm sure it will come good, and it's mostly been fine for two days.

The faulty underpowered graphics card effect is a little troubling though.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
i wiped cache in system recovery on mine right after the update.
I tend to do that after all OTAs..

I did too. It's a bug. It's not going to be fixed by wiping cache or a reset. I can confirm this on the TMO version, can't speak for the international, although it sounds very similar.

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
i wiped cache in system recovery on mine right after the update.
I tend to do that after all OTAs..

I cleared a few times today. I also had 16 play store updates waiting today, then 6 Samsung apps updates waiting after a reboot.

I think my symptoms are a little different to those on TMO, and I don't think it's 'sleep' related as I was using it, but I guess the underlying problem is the same.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I did happen to switch wifi sleep to plugged in only in the last couple of days, then put it back to always when trying to rectify this.
I will also try airplane mode rather than reboot.
I hope it rectifies.
I also use wifi matic which remembers your regular wifi places and turns it off when you leave, so I will uninstall that for a while.

It seems on mine to be a loss of a switching conmands from the screen to the cpu, if I explain that right. Which is why I want buttons, switches and wheels to make a comeback!

You don't have the on/off images on the screen I take it. When you switch it on it comes on.
I'm sure it will come good, and it's mostly been fine for two days.

The faulty underpowered graphics card effect is a little troubling though.

If you're talking about the wifi on/off switch. That happens to me when the above problem is occurring as well.

I do not have any graphic or transition problems. I do have all animations turned off in developer settings, so don't know if that would make a difference for you. No one else on TMO complained about that problem, So probably it's either something in your version of the update or just something that needs to be cleared up on your phone. Also, if this is only happening to you on homescreens, I use Nova not the stock launcher. But if it happens other places then I have not had any problems .

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If you're talking about the wifi on/off switch. That happens to me when the above problem is occurring as well.

OK, you get the same .
I do not have any graphic or transition problems. I do have all animations turned off in developer settings, so don't know if that would make a difference for you. No one else on TMO complained about that problem, So probably it's either something in your version of the update or just something that needs to be cleared up on your phone. Also, if this is only happening to you on homescreens, I use Nova not the stock launcher. But if it happens other places then I have not had any problems .

I had developer options up until the FW took it off. I just brought it back and there seems to be a lot more stuff. I think I used to have animations off but personally couldn't see a difference.
I will leave the default settings on for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc