Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Find my Phone App

I couldn't find an actual answer to my question on other threads so I'll ask it here. I'm trying to find an alternative to the "Lookout" app which can find and erase my info in case I ever lose it. Lookout eats up my battery quickly so I'm looking for one which doesn't eat much battery up but still gets the job done. I wish there was something like Find my iPhone where its hardly takes up any battery.

Default Re: Find my Phone App

Android Device Manager is aready built into your phone.

Make sure it's activated in your Google Settings. And make sure it's checked under Device Administrators. Then go here: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

If you want to control other devices, you can also download the app from the play store. But you don't need that app to use it on your Note 3 since it is built-in.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Thanks you're a life saver. Never would have known about this unless you told me. So far so good as it hasn't been eating battery like Lookout. I'm going to uninstall Lookout now.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sticker12 View Post
    I couldn't find an actual answer to my question on other threads so I'll ask it here. I'm trying to find an alternative to the "Lookout" app which can find and erase my info in case I ever lose it. Lookout eats up my battery quickly so I'm looking for one which doesn't eat much battery up but still gets the job done. I wish there was something like Find my iPhone where its hardly takes up any battery.
    I use Android Lost for both our phones. I like it!!

Global Posts
    616 Global Posts

ADM and AL are tops. I prefer AL (does a lot more). Also check out Cerberus. Very good as well.