How can I get my Original Samsung Galaxy Gear to connect to my Note 3?

Owen Rahadiyan

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Original Samsung Galaxy Gear can't connect to my note 3.

After i updated my gear via kies using an usb cable, it won't connect to my note 3. It finished upgrading and can turn on now. But whenever i try to connect, it says that it failed to connect and it tells me to try connecting using gear manager altough i am using gear manager to do it. Can anyone pls help me or is there anybody experiencing this too? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

maincrash

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Original Samsung Galaxy Gear can't connect to my note 3.

Hi Owen

your going to have to uninstall gear manager and reset your phone because of this from Samsung. since you previously connected your gear one and then upgraded it ,it sort of seeing it as a new gear device! and you cant have more then one gear device sinched on the same device that's what they say!!! Let me know if it helps!

Btw your upgraded gear one it being perceived by your phone as a gear 2 ,it wont tell you but sice you upgraded it you will be requirede to factory reset all first before attempting a new sync /Bluetooth pairing with it.

In the User's Manual for the Gear 2 (which is Tizen) it states: "Note: You cannot install Gear Manager on mobile devices that do not support Gear 2 syncronizing. Ensure that your mobile device is compatible with a Gear 2™.
You can connect only one mobile device to one Gear. You cannot use multiple Gear devices at the same time." This manual is available on Samsung.com. I would think that the Galaxy Gear after being upgraded to Tizen would have the same requirements.

Sincerely
Maincrash

Last edited: