Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By Madd54
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android L for the Note 3?

Do you think that Android L will be released for the Note 3? Currently they say it will be released for their "Flagship" phones. Do you think its and insult to exclude the Note 3 from their list of flagships?

Let me know what you think below.

Global Posts
    7,882 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Android L for the Note 3?

Welcome to AC
    It will almost certainly get L. It's just a matter of when, as Samsung is notorious for slow updates.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by 2:
    MS3GT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneBuff View Post
    Do you think that Android L will be released for the Note 3? Currently they say it will be released for their "Flagship" phones. Do you think its and insult to exclude the Note 3 from their list of flagships?

Let me know what you think below.
    Where did they exclude the Note 3 from their list of flagship phones? The Note 3 and the S5 are at the top of their list of flagship phones. Of course it will get L. Samsung supports devices with software updates for 24 months and there are no hardware limitations to prevent it, so it is a given.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 

Are we still waiting for a name, or are they calling it L. I didn't keep up with the blogs.
    I know nothing.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Are we still waiting for a name, or are they calling it L. I didn't keep up with the blogs.
    Name's not released yet. It will not be called "L" though.

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Name's not released yet. It will not be called "L" though.
    OK, thanks. I thought it was due to be announced at that show in Barcelona or wherever, and AC had a mini competition with 100's of guesses. Mine was Lemon Cheesecake, which no one else went for, though my comment didn't post! I'm sticking with that.
    I know nothing.
    Thanked by:

OK, thanks. I thought it was due to be announced at that show in Barcelona or wherever, and AC had a mini competition with 100's of guesses. Mine was Lemon Cheesecake, which no one else went for, though my comment didn't post! I'm sticking with that.
    Now I want cheesecake. You had to name my favorite dessert. It's I/O in San Francisco you're thinking of. Google never said they would announce it actually. AC and others just assumed it might be announced because Google was set to discuss some of it's features. But it's still early and they didn't plan on releasing the name yet and they didn't.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 

Now I want cheesecake. You had to name my favorite dessert. It's I/O in San Francisco you're thinking of. Google never said they would announce it actually. AC and others just assumed it might be announced because Google was set to discuss some of it's features. But it's still early and they didn't plan on releasing the name yet and they didn't.
    You can survive a few hours until tomorrow. It's only just light, creamy, delicious cheesecake with the hard but smooth and thick layer of cookie crumbly base, all infused with a sumptuous lemon flavour. You shouldn't feel pangs of hunger at all! Not really!
    One poster went for 'Lemon Cake' out of hundreds, nearly.
    What's wrong with Americans? Don't you like food?
    I know nothing.
    jpr and UJ95x like this.

You can survive a few hours until tomorrow. It's only just light, creamy, delicious cheesecake with the hard but smooth and thick layer of cookie crumbly base, all infused with a sumptuous lemon flavour. You shouldn't feel pangs of hunger at all! Not really!
    One poster went for 'Lemon Cake' out of hundreds, nearly.
    What's wrong with Americans? Don't you like food?
    Where is the "dislike" button when you really need it....
    Madd54 likes this.

Where is the "dislike" button when you really need it....
    LOL - Try not to think of it until the morning.
    I usually have 4 slices. Yummm!
    I know nothing.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Ah, Just wanted some feedback on the topic. This is what i saw for most of the sites i was doing my research on.
    "Samsung Android L Update Release Date:
    The major Samsung flagships including the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy S4 are expected to get the Android L update, though Samsung hasn't confirmed a timeline for that nor have they confirmed which other Samsung devices will bet getting the Android L update."

While i was certain that the Note 3 was included. I decided to be a little nit-pickey to start a good thread. and get some feedback, I do, however hope that my doing so didn't create any negative or frustrative thoughts about my post, xD

Take care!