S planner

hilldawg48

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
What free 3rd Party apps to you recommend that will Sync Outlook calendar appointments to Android phone?
I've been using Google Calendar Sync version 0.9.4.1 for years without any issues or complaints. Now August 1, 2014 is quickly approaching.

I've been looking for an app that similar to Goggle Calendar sync. I need to sync my work calendar only to my personal s3 phone.

Please advise and thank you in advance.:)

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I've looked for the S-Planner before on my phone and again just now and I'm still not finding it. Would love to check it out so where the heck is it?

They used to call it that before but now it's just calendar. Still, if you use the Google command to "Open S Planner", it opens the calendar. Oh and I use it all the time as well. Very nice app. It's also very quick to sync with Google Calendar on-line. My calendar is color coded to show my appts, my hubby's and my daughters. Excellent job

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
They used to call it that before but now it's just calendar. Still, if you use the Google command to "Open S Planner", it opens the calendar. Oh and I use it all the time as well. Very nice app. It's also very quick to sync with Google Calendar on-line. My calendar is color coded to show my appts, my hubby's and my daughters. Excellent job

Really? I think that's the Google calendar. I'm sure Deb has found it now, but still....

This sounds like a job for :

SCREENSHOT MAN !!!

mydy2equ.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Screen Shot Man thanks. That is the calendar I have and don't much like. Sheesh, why don't they call it the S-Planner if that's what it is. Going to stick with my DigiCal.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Screen Shot Man thanks. That is the calendar I have and don't much like. Sheesh, why don't they call it the S-Planner if that's what it is. Going to stick with my DigiCal.

They doooo.
@Clitrenta was referring to Calendar app, which I thing is Google calendar only, and I had forgotten there was an icon for it.

JPR MAN !!! ?

Last edited:

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Really? I think that's the Google calendar. I'm sure Deb has found it now, but still....

SCREENSHOT MAN !!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/mydy2equ.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/3a7u9ytu.jpg

I wasn't sure so I decided to tell Google to open up S Planner and it opened up Calendar. I don't actually have an S Planner app on my Note 3. There is one on my Galaxy Tab 3 and it looks just like the calendar on my Note 3 to include any and all changes made to it on the Tab 3

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
They doooo.
@Clitrenta was referring to Calendar app, which I thing is Google calendar only, and I had forgotten there was an icon for it.

JPR MAN !!! ?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/u6yqute2.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/ydy6ugu6.jpg

I only have one calendar app and it looks like yours except its green instead of blue and does NOT look like the calendar you're showing. Like I said, I told Google to open S Planner and it opened up the calendar you believe is Google Calendar. Even the one on my tablet called "S Planner" opens one like I described with color coding and actual events/appts. ?? :eek:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I only have one calendar app and it looks like yours except its green instead of blue and does NOT look like the calendar you're showing. Like I said, I told Google to open S Planner and it opened up the calendar you believe is Google Calendar. Even the one on my tablet called "S Planner" opens one like I described with color coding and actual events/appts. ?? :eek:

So you DID buy yours at an Indonesian flea market!

I showed both above, but you say Calendar is green on yours and opens with voice.

On S-Planner you can switch calendars. But I have just seen you can switch in Calendar also. Do you have an S-Planner full size widget.

AT&T?
Dunno. Even more confused

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
On US phones, S Planner was renamed Calendar. There is only one pre-installed calender app. Google calendar is not pre-installed.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
On US phones, S Planner was renamed Calendar. There is only one pre-installed calender app. Google calendar is not pre-installed.

Which begs the question, WHY just on US phones? I like it though. Great calendar. It's still called S Planner on my Galaxy Tab 3 tablet but it's the same calendar that is now called calendar on my Note 3. Go figure.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
What is an s planner? I'm new to Android still.

Seems you weren't kidding JBG.
I would be surprised though if all who mentioned S-Planner in this thread are not in the US.

The old thread that has surfaced again about S-Notes not linking to S-Planner as they did on the Note 2 may be a reason.
I prefer Calendar now as it does not show details in month view, where S-Planner does.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Which begs the question, WHY just on US phones? I like it though. Great calendar. It's still called S Planner on my Galaxy Tab 3 tablet but it's the same calendar that is now called calendar on my Note 3. Go figure.

I don't know why it's not consistent among all phones but I do have a guess. When I first got my Note 3 I was looking for S Planner and that is how I found out that the TMO, ATT, and VZW phones (didn't look up Sprint) had it renamed as Calendar. And then I looked up all the S Planner tutorials (from international phones where it was still named S Planner) and found that it was indeed the exact same as the stock Calendar app on my TMO Note 3.

When I was doing that search, I did also find quite a lot of threads on many forums where people who had previous phones with S Planner were complaining that their phone had no Calendar app at all. They were unaware that S Planner was a calendar app, which most people would be if they had never used it before, and of course were looking for an app called Calendar. I imagine there were quite a lot of complaints to the various carriers about their expensive phones not even having a stock calendar application. I wouldn't be surprised if the carriers chose to rename S Planner as Calendar to avoid this.

Although I know there are exceptions to this, internationally, I believe it is more common for people to deal with Samsung rather than their carriers for problems concerning their phones and people often do not buy their phones from their carrier. I think people who buy from a carrier are also more likely to make complaints in the first place since they are also paying the carrier for service, and are often locked into a 2 year contract in the US, and expect more from them. So that could be why the US carrier branded phones made the change, but not the unlocked international versions. I'm just making a guess here though - I never found an actual reason given by either Samsung or the carriers.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly though I virtually gave up on calendars a while ago. Samsung Calendar, Google Calendar , My Calendar, your calendar, Yahoo calendar.
This won't work with that, don't do that, do it like this. This won't sync with what.
I just stick important appts on the widget but don't know which calendar I last used so don't rely on it totally.
I use to sync with old MS Outlook on a pc. I don't touch Google.
And there's me thinking I'm the only one!!! I've been through so many calendars, it got to the point where I was installing ones I'd already tried. Every single one had some 'thing' it wouldn't do, a feature I needed that wasn't there. I gave up using calendars altogether and refuse to give Google any more info about my daily life than they already get elsewhere, so their calendar is a no-no for me.

I began playing with S Planner on my beloved N3 and have come to the conclusion that its simplicity is the strength. It just works and displays everything so clearly. I'm happy with it.

Worse though is Contacts, that is now a complete mess, I only have phone numbers left on any contact. Syncing, merging, a billion contact options. Thanks technology.

It is officially Grumpy Old Man Sunday over here. I have to go out and moan! :(
Ahh, Contacts!!! Don't get me started on that one. How complicated can a list of contacts be on a phone? Apparently, so complex that I now have no clue what I'm doing with it any more. There are settings all over the place, some of which are buried so well you feel like you're playing a hidden object game when you find one. Contacts is the one thing I really do hate on Android.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
And there's me thinking I'm the only one!!! I've been through so many calendars, it got to the point where I was installing ones I'd already tried. Every single one had some 'thing' it wouldn't do, a feature I needed that wasn't there. I gave up using calendars altogether and refuse to give Google any more info about my daily life than they already get elsewhere, so their calendar is a no-no for me.

I began playing with S Planner on my beloved N3 and have come to the conclusion that its simplicity is the strength. It just works and displays everything so clearly. I'm happy with it.

Ahh, Contacts!!! Don't get me started on that one. How complicated can a list of contacts be on a phone? Apparently, so complex that I now have no clue what I'm doing with it any more. There are settings all over the place, some of which are buried so well you feel like you're playing a hidden object game when you find one. Contacts is the one thing I really do hate on Android.

Agreed. We could be seeing the same therapist!

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. We could be seeing the same therapist!
I wouldn't be surprised! :)

I've been using this OS since v1.5 when I got my first Android phone, the HTC Hero. Contacts has increased in complexity since those heady days and is a mess now. I'm currently looking at replacement apps in the store (I really want to say 'shop'!).

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

But it syncs with Google so how are you getting around that? I too have had enough of Google in my life and the same try this try that calendar with the same results not giving me what I need. I want a calendar for me not for Google or the rest of the world.