S planner

Daktor

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else think this is brilliant? I've tried a few calender/planner apps and this seems to be the best, looks the best and syncs withy google calendar.

Posted via Android Central App

anadroid

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Nah, I prefer Google's app - it looks neater. S Planner has way too much skeuomorphism going on - a pet peeve of mine. About How many events does your calendar contain?

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow - a new word for an old fogey!

I had to look that up. I am going to start using that word if you don't mind. Like ergonomics for computers.

But how many times can I use the word "much" in a sentence, skeumorphically I mean?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've looked for the S-Planner before on my phone and again just now and I'm still not finding it. Would love to check it out so where the heck is it?

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've always used S-planner. I've been using Samsung phones for about 2.5 years now and it's the best Calander for me. Tried others but didn't like them. I like to have it as a full page widget so I can look at my whole months schedule at a glance.

Posted from my S5

Daktor

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it is good. I originally went with the Google calendar but it was too basic, I like to know everything that's going on. I don't sync it with kies though, that has to be the worst bit of software ever written.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've always used S-planner. I've been using Samsung phones for about 2.5 years now and it's the best Calander for me. Tried others but didn't like them. I like to have it as a full page widget so I can look at my whole months schedule at a glance.

Posted from my S5

I didn't know if I would like the full page widget when I added it but I honestly use it a lot throughout the day. As you say it's great for glancing at what's going on.

Before the note I didn't use calendar apps much but I really like this one. I have 4-5 google calenders on it that I have to keep track of so it's nice to have one place where I can view them all easily.

The widget is great and enables me to quickly add an event, location, participants etc. It has made life easier for me recently when scheduling a crap load of DR appts throughout the month and not overlapping them - which is what happened more often than not before I had the Note 3.

Sarks.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Honestly though I virtually gave up on calendars a while ago. Samsung Calendar, Google Calendar , My Calendar, your calendar, Yahoo calendar.
This won't work with that, don't do that, do it like this. This won't sync with what.
I just stick important appts on the widget but don't know which calendar I last used so don't rely on it totally.
I use to sync with old MS Outlook on a pc. I don't touch Google.

I have just gone in to S-Planner settings and just left My Calendar on. What is My Calendar?

Worse though is Contacts, that is now a complete mess, I only have phone numbers left on any contact. Syncing, merging, a billion contact options. Thanks technology.

It is officially Grumpy Old Man Sunday over here. I have to go out and moan! :(

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Much prefer the s planner to the Google calendar. S planner has been updated recently so they have dropped some of the skeuomorphism

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm okay with S Planner, though I only really use the 'Month' view. I like that it actually shows the activities, rather than just the coloured bars in the stock Google Calendar. That said, I prefer the stock Calendar widget on my Home screen, as it is (adjustable) smaller and will list not only 'Today' but days in advance. I have no interest in all the cutesy-poo little icons available in S Planner and have never used my S Pen to write on it - and probably never will.

I use 'SmoothSync with Cloud Calendar' to transfer dates back and forth to my Mac's Calendar and similarly and from the same developer, 'Tasks' to keep my Mac's Reminders on the same page there.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So Google Calendar will stop syncing, or is that just events. They probably have something else lined up.
Google Calendar Sync app to stop 1 Aug. 2014 now what? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Google calendar will continue syncing the same as always. That is about a specific computer app that is used to sync between Outlook and Google calendar using Exchange. That app was actually no longer supported since 2012 but people continued to use it anyway. If anyone was still using it despite it being EOL and unsupported for the last two years, they will need to use a different 3rd party app now.

It does not affect regular Google calendar syncing and also does not apply to business users who use Google Apps sync.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Madd54, "My Calendar" is the device calendar. It does not sync with any of your accounts but can be synced to Kies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos