Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default unresponsive when trying to unlock the device

Hi Guys

my note 3 is hanging and very slow it take long time to see the screen after pressing the unlock button and after that is very slow in typing the pass code, after pressing on the keyboard letter it take 10 seconds to type. very annoying and this is the second note 3 having the same issue. i did factory reset and it happen again after a week.

thanks

Default Re: unresponsive when trying to unlock the device

Are you clearing you memory? I just switched from the Note 3 to the LG G3 and the difference is night and day! Samsung needs to update the OS on the note to speed it up!
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Mine hesitates a little with unlocking but no where near what u are talking about. Something may be hogging your phone down. What's the most resent thing u added and are u rooted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also have you scrolled down the data usage screen, and the Battery screens to see if something big is taking over. Better still try GSam app and check cpu usage.
    Also see if you have developer options enabled in the General Settings. You can turn off / reduce animation there but it won't fix lag that heavy unless they are set very high.
    jpr

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts

Try removing your SD card.

If that doesn't make a difference, install a CPU monitoring app and see what is using the CPU right after you unlock your phone. I use OS Monitor.

I have no lag whatsoever btw. It is not normal functioning of the Note 3. If you have lag, there is a reason for it and a solution for it.
    Madd54 likes this.