Can anyone suggest a replacement for stock SMS on Note 3 (kitkat) with mssg pop up & Quick Reply ?

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a replacement for stock SMS on Note 3 (kitkat) with mssg pop up & Quick Reply ?

Can anyone suggest a replacement app for stock SMS on Note 3 (kitkat) with lock screen mssg pop up & Quick Reply ?

I'm busy during the day, and like to glance over read my NEW text mssgs before determining if I need to stop working at my desk prior to replying to the mssgs. So, mssg pop up - so that I can see my new mssgs is very very helpful for me.

A plus would be the ability to send 20-40 sms mssgs to my sports club group, also (as individual mssgs, not 'group messaging'). And schedule mssgs in advance would be nice, also!

I am on an unrooted / Verizon Note 3 with latest updates /

Thanks!!

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can anyone suggest a replacement for stock SMS on Note 3 (kitkat) with mssg pop up & Quick Reply

Not sure if this will help you at all considering that it isn't a different SMS app.
Echo Lockscreen Notification is a great Lockscreen. You can preview all of your incoming notifications and go directly into that notification from the lock screen. Or dismiss or set a reminder. Quite handy.

In the past I also used HoverChat (formerly known as NinjaSMS) it was great. You would get a little pop up and could reply from whatever you are doing and don't have to leave it. I only stopped using this because BBM became available and less of my contacts text now.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can anyone suggest a replacement for stock SMS on Note 3 (kitkat) with mssg pop up & Quick Reply

Thanks, I will check Echo Lockscreen Notification out.

What is BBM and why are you using that instead of HoverChat?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

BBM is BlackBerry Messenger. Personally I find it way better then texting. It's an instant messaging platform. Great for social messaging. And that would solve your broadcast messaging problem. However you would also have to get the 20-40 people to download BBM. Which a lot of people are against.

If you have never tried BBM, I would suggest giving it a whirl. It's available on Android and IPhone now (and of course BlackBerry)
If you ever need a contact to add to it, let me know!

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

It might also be worthwhile taking a look at Handcent. I've been very happy with its performance as a SMS client and it has the features you want.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

If you're just looking for pop up notifications, pop up notifier is a great app. You can set pop up notifications for any app. Considering how much hype the new floating notifications have gotten on the upcoming android L, this might help some. Smooth app that works great without having to circumvent the native messaging app which I surprisingly keep reverting back to. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....nlucas.popupnotificationslite&token=uvqL9WFQ

Jlouise

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Try Glowfly!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Hoverchat is a real good one. Uses chatheads. Not real intrusive

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mac_hack_420

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Floatifcations might be what u need it has a option for a sms add on which will allow you to reply from the pop up bubble.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Catman51

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I went back to Handcent, which I hadn't used in a long time. Works great.

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy Note 3

Catman51

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Just tried Evolve, nice and with popup.

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy Note 3