Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 dictionary problem, help most welcomed

Hi,

Whenever I type out my daughters name, it constantly converts it to lower case which is driving me bonkers especially since it has no issue with the names of my other kids.

I've tried adding the name in the default Samsung keyboard dictionary with the first alphabet in capital and hold/deleting the lower case option but it keeps coming back.

I've also installed another keyboard (Fleksy) and tried to add the name with the first alphabet in upper case but it says that the name already exists even though it is not shown in the Fleksy personal dictionary.

Have tried deleting all cloud data on Fleksy, resetting the default Samsung keyboard to no avail.

Is there anything I can do to get in there and manually adjust the name directly?

Global Posts
    20,985 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Note 3 dictionary problem, help most welcomed

In Settings>Language and Inputs, you should see the Samsung or Fleksy keyboards. There should be a setting icon (Gear or slider looking picture). Click that, and see if you can alter the dictionary.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I have also heard that word prediction and auto correct must be on for the dictionary to learn...not sure if this is true. I use a swype and kk emoji keyboard(available in play store) not to be mistaken with the kit kat built in keyboard these let me sync names and dictionaries and add or delete words...even create shortcuts so that when I type in gmail it make my whole email address pop up in suggestions for example.

If you had Auto Replacement on, that might be doing it.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.