Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By lterry913
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung and their slow updates.

I started to hate samsung because of their slow updates. My wife has Sony Z1 and it's running 4.4.4 since two weeks ago almost, but we have yet to receive anything from Samsung.

If they cant handle all of the phones, phablets and tablets then they need to slow down to catch up.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung and their slow updates.

I agree with you partially.

Although Samsung has made the commitment to update many of its devices it will take time to finish up the updates especially when it comes to the US carrier market on its branded devices outside of the Google Play models.

Sony on the other hand has been working hand and hand with Google, making its devices as transparent and fast to update as possible.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Madd54 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yathani View Post
    I started to hate samsung because of their slow updates. My wife has Sony Z1 and it's running 4.4.4 since two weeks ago almost, but we have yet to receive anything from Samsung.

If they cant handle all of the phones, phablets and tablets then they need to slow down to catch up.

Well, @Yathani here I would agree with you Samsung is very slow when it comes to the updates, and not only this they are also very good at taking their words back, I still remembered they said they are going to seed the KitKat update to S-III but after sometime they came up with a excuse that because TouchWiz of Samsung is bulky and can't run over 1GB of RAM they have rolled out their out words... Woops gone an still waiting for the KitKat update to at least show up show magic words I know they are not going to update it rather than I may need to root my device

With the updated API'S in Google play services the updates are less important. The source of the phone makes a huge difference as well. Several US carriers slow down the updates by months.

In the past samsung international versions get updates fairly quickly. Generally 3-4 months I believe.

Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

Be careful what you wish for. Everyone was all amped up for the KK update and all it did for me was cost me battery life and a mess on my external storage, along with taking away ability to backup apps to external sd...just saying.
    Paul627g likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Everyone was all amped up for the KK update and all it did for me was cost me battery life and a mess on my external storage, along with taking away ability to backup apps to external sd...just saying.
    Amen

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I dare say that Motorola is slower!

Global Posts
    900 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcfour View Post
    I dare say that Motorola is slower!

Not even... Look at how many Motorola devices are already on 4.4.4!

Maybe Samsung wouldn't take forever for an update if they didn't have a million different devices they had to update...

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk