Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music on Note 3

I have changed from an iphone to a Galaxy Note 3. I got all my old itunes successfully transferred into the Music app on the phone.

I have just purchased some new music from the Play Store, but it does not show in the Music app where I expected it to automatically appear.

How can I make new music purchases appear in the Music app?

Default Re: Music on Note 3

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Google Play Music app on your phone, or the Samsung music app? Music purchased on Google Play Music requires the Play Music app to play. You can download a purchased music track to your phone, but that's for the Play Music to use when the phone is offline. If you want to use the Samsung music app to play your Google Play Music track, then download it to your computer from your Google Music library on the web, then transfer the music over to your phone.

An alternative would be to upload your entire iTunes library to your Google Music library in the cloud using the Google Music Manager (which you install on your computer). You can then access your entire music library via streaming, using any device or computer that is connected to the web.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your reply.

I have looked on the apps but find no reference to google or Samsung on either. One is called Play Store and the other Music. Both apps were already installed in the phone when I bought it new. With itunes it was simply a case of clicking "Buy" and a few seconds later the music had been downloaded into the correct place in the music player.

I simply want to add in some new tracks to albums that I previously didn't purchase in full. This is why I need them in the phone in the right place.

Any help would be appreciated.
    jpr

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

You need to use the Play Music app. You are using the Samsung Music app. Find the Google folder either on your homescreen or in your App Drawer and within that you will see Play Music. Music purchased through Google Play will be found there. If you still have any problem, make sure that sync is turn on for Google Play Music under your Google Account settings on your phone.
    yyaci likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks very much.
    I found the Google Play app in the google folder. Had never looked in that folder. All my music including the newly purchased music was in in there, so I will stick with Google Play now.

Global Posts
    895 Global Posts

Truth to be known what I did (I believe - I originally did the same on my Nexus 7) was to manually create a folder called Music in my Note 3 and then manually copied over all my personal MP3 albums and then my iPhone ones. I have given up on Play app (and Samsung's offering) and went to the GoneMAD Music Player, which had no problem finding the tunes. When I do buy tunes, I've stuck with the iTunes Store on my computer and then just copy them over - no additional layer of hell by buying into Play Store.