Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Greg Wilkins
  • 1 Post By Greg Wilkins
  • 2 Post By Jalopiejoe
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    My phone is about 8 months old and for the last 3 months I've had endless battery problems. It started when (over a two week course) the battery slowly got worse and worse until it wouldn't last any longer than 12 hours on a full charge (and that's with power saving mode).

    I bought a new battery, a genuine samsung battery and it was even worse than the old one, it never lasted more than 10 hours at a push. I then bought a non-genuine 4200mAh which lasted about 12 hours, for a week and then it expanded until the battery cover unclipped and the battery no longer fit in the phone.
    So I bought another battery, a genuine one, and yet again it lasted no more than 12 hours. Just over a week later the battery started leaking! Now I'm on the 5th battery (genuine) and this one has never lasted any more than 3 hours on power saving mode.

    It's got to the point where there is absolutely no point of buying a new battery, and I can't take my phone anywhere as it'll die before I get to the door.

    I bought it new online and online sellers are never helpful when it comes down to warranty.

    What could the problem be? I mean all I can think of that it could be, is the phone.
    Thanks πŸ˜‘

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by jr92897 View Post
    My phone is about 8 months old and for the last 3 months I've had endless battery problems. It started when (over a two week course) the battery slowly got worse and worse until it wouldn't last any longer than 12 hours on a full charge (and that's with power saving mode).

    I bought a new battery, a genuine samsung battery and it was even worse than the old one, it never lasted more than 10 hours at a push. I then bought a non-genuine 4200mAh which lasted about 12 hours, for a week and then it expanded until the battery cover unclipped and the battery no longer fit in the phone.
    So I bought another battery, a genuine one, and yet again it lasted no more than 12 hours. Just over a week later the battery started leaking! Now I'm on the 5th battery (genuine) and this one has never lasted any more than 3 hours on power saving mode.

    It's got to the point where there is absolutely no point of buying a new battery, and I can't take my phone anywhere as it'll die before I get to the door.

    I bought it new online and online sellers are never helpful when it comes down to warranty.

    What could the problem be? I mean all I can think of that it could be, is the phone.
    Thanks ν ½νΈ‘

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sounds like a bad voltage regulator. And/or firmware problems caused by an OS update. Have you done a factory reset to check this?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    I have done a factory reset which unfortunately did nothing.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by jr92897 View Post
    I have done a factory reset which unfortunately did nothing.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Then it sounds like your less-than-one-year-old phone is genuinely defective. And should be replaced. Hopefully warranty service would apply.
  5. #5  
    V J
    V J is offline
    V J's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Screenshots of your battery usage would really help us try and troubleshoot your issue.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Was browsing yesterday about why I had power on lag, like 5 seconds, anyways, someone suggested pulling the SD card and try, well I ripped that baby out and the lag is gone and today I've gone 13+ hours and I have 72 percent battery! Wtf ! Not sure why this worked but I'm extremely happy! Give it a try

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Here you go

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3 battery drains really quickly-2014-07-22-19-34-33.jpg  
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wilkins View Post
    Was browsing yesterday about why I had power on lag, like 5 seconds, anyways, someone suggested pulling the SD card and try, well I ripped that baby out and the lag is gone and today I've gone 13+ hours and I have 72 percent battery! Wtf ! Not sure why this worked but I'm extremely happy! Give it a try

    Posted via Android Central App
    Bad piece of junk SD card basically. Either get like a Genuine Samsung or a Sandisk PRO if you want fast and reliable. Or what was in there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wilkins View Post
    Here you go

    Posted via Android Central App
    So I assume that was with less than an hour of screen time.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Bad piece of junk SD card basically. Either get like a Genuine Samsung or a Sandisk PRO if you want fast and reliable. Or what was in there?



    So I assume that was with less than an hour of screen time.
    It was a Samsung 8gb card, not a lot of screen time which is the norm for me, I drive a lot as I am a plumber, so usually I drain quickly from what I thought was network switching, so I've factory reset before trying to fix that, this time I removed the card and bam, it worked! Today I've had more screen time and I'm at 73 percent at around 12 hours! Maybe you can try and see if it works for you that way I'll know it isn't me! Lol

    Posted via Android Central App
    shortwave8669 likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wilkins View Post
    Was browsing yesterday about why I had power on lag, like 5 seconds, anyways, someone suggested pulling the SD card and try, well I ripped that baby out and the lag is gone and today I've gone 13+ hours and I have 72 percent battery! Wtf ! Not sure why this worked but I'm extremely happy! Give it a try

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sounds like an indexing issue related to files on SD card.

    Some users (who move many files on/off the phone) find using Samsung Kies rather than just drag/droping them helps...if that is the cause of your problem.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by shortwave8669 View Post
    Sounds like an indexing issue related to files on SD card.

    Some users (who move many files on/off the phone) find using Samsung Kies rather than just drag/droping them helps...if that is the cause of your problem.
    I have no files on my SD, everything is on phone and its always been that way, that's why I was dumbfounded, I'm just happy as a clam now

    Posted via Android Central App
    shortwave8669 likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Are clams really that happy? πŸ˜†πŸ‘Œ
    (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! )


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    JimSmith94 and Madd54 like this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    Are clams really that happy? πŸ˜†πŸ‘Œ
    (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! )


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Possibly. At a pinch!

    I thought I did all the bad jokes here!



    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Note 3 battery drains really quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    Are clams really that happy? πŸ˜†πŸ‘Œ
    (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! )


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Only the bearded ones are from what I've seen

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. extended batteries
    By jneusch in forum LG G3
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 07:15 PM
  2. Music on Note 3
    By petersull in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 11:10 AM
  3. HELP! Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 Problems
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 06:01 PM
  4. SNote does not sync across all devices on Note Pro 12.2
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 05:14 PM
  5. Samsung note 3 Pop ups
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions