Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Random Issue - Phone Turned Off

I just had a random thing happen to my phone. I was sending a text and the phone restarted by itself. This is the first time it has done that in the 2 weeks I've had it. I've only restarted it once since having this phone. I don't use it very frequently and I'm fairly certain it wasn't because of any apps. It was just some weird happening, and the phone was not hot. I just want to know if this is something to be worried about? I'm super OCD when it comes to anything related to my phone. I hope I'm not overreacting.

Default Re: Random Issue - Phone Turned Off

I would allow any device to have a random restart every now and then--but if it becomes pretty regular, then I'd be concerned about some app that might be causing problems. If you start noticing more random restarts or crashes, try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition, because sometimes bad temporary system data there can cause problems: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | T-Mobile Support

Another thing to consider would be to unmount and remove the external SD card, since a corrupt card or file on the card could cause problems as well. You could try inserting the card into your Windows computer and running chkdsk to see if it can identify any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html

I've had my note since launch and I get one random restart a month or so. It's never hot and it hasn't been regular enough for me to check into it. I have had zero other issues.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

So I think it restarted again last night by itself. As if that's not enough, the battery starts to drain a lot quicker now...8% overnight, and about 35% the last 9 hours and thats without using it. I maybe sent 2 texts, and browsed online for no more than 5 minutes thats it. Only had this phone for a month or so and these small these are driving me nuts. I restarted and shut the phone off and turned back on but no help.

Quote Originally Posted by sticker12 View Post
    So I think it restarted again last night by itself. As if that's not enough, the battery starts to drain a lot quicker now...8% overnight, and about 35% the last 9 hours and thats without using it. I maybe sent 2 texts, and browsed online for no more than 5 minutes thats it. Only had this phone for a month or so and these small these are driving me nuts. I restarted and shut the phone off and turned back on but no help.
    Have you tried as @B.Diddy offered above. Checking or unmounting your card, and wiping cache in recovery.

Also it might help to post screenshots of your battery and data usage. Something hogging the battery may be causing a reboot as well. People here better than I can have a look at it for you.
    Also recommend installing GSam and posting those shots.

Sounds either we can isolate this easily, or it's a hardware issue and needs replacing.

You can add screenshots via the Tapatalk / AC Forums or Android Central apps. (power + home button)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Gsam: