launchers

Daktor

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I've had a try at using so many different launchers including go and nova however they all seem to drain my battery at an amazing speed. Is anyone else experiencing this? Am I doing something wrong ? The only one that doesn't kill my battery is the stock one

Posted via Android Central App

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I use apex and nova and neither have affected battery performance. Google Now killed me more than any launcher.

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I use the Nova Pro launcher with my GN3. The only issue I've had is that it froze up a couple of times while I was going through the settings. A reboot fixed it. Otherwise it works well. I haven't looked at numbers, but I think it actually increased my battery life.

Daktor

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I wonder what causes nova to drain mine then. Maybe when I I stall it i play about with it too much!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I wonder what causes nova to drain mine then. Maybe when I I stall it i play about with it too much!

Its probably safe to say its not the launcher and maybe a setting or another app. Check your gps, display, brightness, and other settings to improve your battery life first. Calibrate your battery by draining then charging to full. Also, alot of syncing of several accounts and poor wifi/data signals can cause poor battery life.

I've never had poor battery life with Nova.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm chipping in to agree with others about Nova. I've been using it since beta and have never seen any issues with battery drain or resource hogging. It's exceptionally well written and handles resources frugally. I'd look somewhere other than your launcher for the cause.

It might be worth you installing GSAM battery monitor app and posting results of running it after a day or two. It will help work out what's draining your battery.

mikeoc

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Same experience for me, Nova Prime is a lot more battery friendly for me than TouchWiz, as well as being much nicer to use.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned this in another thread...if you use a launcher you might want to take widgets off touch wiz screen as widget use battery to sync current info quite frequently...so if you dont delete widgets you are running double clock, double weather, double f.b. etc. If this is not true or old school thinking someone may chime in and offer more help.

Also your point about setting up the launcher and having the screen
on while doing so is a good one...that will use a lot of battery.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I mentioned this in another thread...if you use a launcher you might want to take widgets off touch wiz screen as widget use battery to sync current info quite frequently...so if you dont delete widgets you are running double clock, double weather, double f.b. etc. If this is not true or old school thinking someone may chime in and offer more help.

Also your point about setting up the launcher and having the screen
on while doing so is a good one...that will use a lot of battery.

I was wondering this too...can someone confirm?

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Many widgets can be set to activate on a set schedule. I make use of widgets and do not suffer too badly. Signal strength is more of an issue.

Via my Note 3

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering this too...can someone confirm?

If you know you are going to stick with a 3rd party launcher, you should remove widgets from TouchWiz Home. If you're just testing out launchers and aren't sure yet if you want to use TouchWiz Home or another, then no reason to be hasty and delete things you will need to set up again. You could change the refresh intervals in the meantime if those widgets have configurable options.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
If you know you are going to stick with a 3rd party launcher, you should remove widgets from TouchWiz Home. If you're just testing out launchers and aren't sure yet if you want to use TouchWiz Home or another, then no reason to be hasty and delete things you will need to set up again. You could change the refresh intervals in the meantime if those widgets have configurable options.

Thx. I just removed all of my tw home screens. I plan on sticking with launchers from here on out... its so much better than tw to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx