Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hologram88
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP! Not charging.

I have the Rose Gold Note 3 and I got it valentine's day this year. Two weeks after I got it the charger that came with the phone started telling me slow charging please connect the original charger for faster charging, which I already had it plugged in to the phone. Verizon said chargers aren't covered, they are accessories, was told to call Samsung, which they did nothing. I've used my mom's note 3 charger and it worked for about 2 weeks and then I started getting the same message again. I've used 2 different Nexus chargers, micro USB, and they worked for a couple of weeks and they told me the same thing, slow charge. It takes all day to get 51% battery life with phone turned off. I've taken the battery out, gently cleaned the port and the chargers I've used. I don't know what to do. You can't buy the charger for the phone anywhere not even Verizon and Samsung wants me to send my phone in with charger and if I have to replace the cord then it will cost $29.99. Anyone please is there something I have not done and can try.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: HELP! Not charging.

What amperage are the other chargers that you have tried?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The white charger that came with my note 3 went bad 11 months or so. Been using the charger that came with my wives S3 mini. Works fine. I think replacement batteries are not expensive. Have you tried a different battery.?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

@dpham00.........
    Im not sure of the amps for 2 of them, they where the 2 same chargers for my Nexus 7 tablet. The other was the note 3 charger for my mom's white note 3.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

@MissouriFarmer.......
    I actually swapped batteries with my mom and her note 3 and I still had the same problem. I did however get through to someone at Verizon tech support who would actually help me. He looked in their system to see if other representatives have had the same problem calls and there has been 38 reported case in just the last week. This is a very common problem and Samsung has not acknowledged to them having this issue with the Note 3 but Verizon has been sending their brand of the charger to customers and so far it's working. I should have mine tomorrow or Thursday. I will let everyone know how it works out!

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Received my charger from Verizon yesterday and it was a rapid charge micro USB charger. It works wonderful right now. Haven't received the message and charges super fast again!

MissouriFarmer likes this.