Problem Using "OK Google"

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to get the "OK Google" command to work properly and I'm not sure if it just isn't working or I'm missing something. When I say "OK Google", it brings up the Google Search screen and microphone turns red however it doesn't appear to be hearing anything I say. The mic soon turns grey and it tells me to tap it. The mic will turn red again but still it doesn't hear me. On the other hand, if I manually go into the Google Search screen by tapping on the white mic in the search box, it then makes a "ding" and works exactly as it should (hears me just fine). What's the deal here?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to get the "OK Google" command to work properly and I'm not sure if it just isn't working or I'm missing something. When I say "OK Google", it brings up the Google Search screen and microphone turns red however it doesn't appear to be hearing anything I say. The mic soon turns grey and it tells me to tap it. The mic will turn red again but still it doesn't hear me. On the other hand, if I manually go into the Google Search screen by tapping on the white mic in the search box, it then makes a "ding" and works exactly as it should (hears me just fine). What's the deal here?

I've noticed the same thing for the last week or so on my Sprint Note 3, so I'll be watching for responses. I'm tempted to just uninstall the latest Google Search update because Bluetooth dialing also switched from using Google Now to the crappy Google Dial again.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing for the last week or so on my Sprint Note 3, so I'll be watching for responses. I'm tempted to just uninstall the latest Google Search update because Bluetooth dialing also switched from using Google Now to the crappy Google Dial again.

Darn that must have been fast. Last I looked it was using Google Dial and I was wondering how to change it. Now you tell me it WENT to Google Now and then switched back. Darn. I missed it all together.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Darn that must have been fast. Last I looked it was using Google Dial and I was wondering how to change it. Now you tell me it WENT to Google Now and then switched back. Darn. I missed it all together.

I just now uninstalled the updates for Google Search in App Manager and so far it seems to be working like we want. The microphone works every time and BT dialing pulls up Google Now. Try it and let me know how it works for you.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I just now uninstalled the updates for Google Search in App Manager and so far it seems to be working like we want. The microphone works every time and BT dialing pulls up Google Now. Try it and let me know how it works for you.

I'm not getting this. If I uninstall the updates (it does all updates), it then takes away the setting for using "OK Google" and it doesn't work at all then (won't even open up). If I reinstall the update, I get the setting for activating "OK Google" from any screen but we're back to where we started where it opens up but doesn't work.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I figured this out. I reinstalled the updates since it won't work without that but what I did discover is that you CANNOT have the box checked that says "Record Audio Thru Bluetooth Headset if Available". Apparently you should NOT check that unless you actually have a Bluetooth headset on. Seems to work good now.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I figured this out. I reinstalled the updates since it won't work without that but what I did discover is that you CANNOT have the box checked that says "Record Audio Thru Bluetooth Headset if Available". Apparently you should NOT check that unless you actually have a Bluetooth headset on. Seems to work good now.

Interesting. Mine rolled back to version 3.4.16.1149292.arm, what's yours? Mine seems to be working perfectly now, and I do have the BT headset button checked. I can say Okay Google without the headset or use a long press of the headset. I can do multiple searches by saying Okay Google again with or without the headset.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. Mine rolled back to version 3.4.16.1149292.arm, what's yours? Mine seems to be working perfectly now, and I do have the BT headset button checked. I can say Okay Google without the headset or use a long press of the headset. I can do multiple searches by saying Okay Google again with or without the headset.

Google Search 3.5.16.126550.arm. If I connect a BT headset and check the box, then it works but if I don't have the headset connected, I have to uncheck the box. DUMB

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Google Search 3.5.16.126550.arm. If I connect a BT headset and check the box, then it works but if I don't have the headset connected, I have to uncheck the box. DUMB

BTW, now Play Store wants to update mine to 3.5.16.126550.arm, so it sounds like yours either didn't roll back or you had that version from the beginning. I don't think it will hurt anything to install the older version I linked to.