Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eddyxwb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touch Screen is not working beside S-Pen Help?

Everything works fine until this week and I don't know what to do. I reboot, reset, and still still doesn't work. I updated to Kit Kat couple months ago and could this be the reason from reading through some threads here? It is T-Mobile phone and nothing is rooted. I tried *#0#* and has no luck either.

Any suggestion/recommendation/help?

Default Re: Touch Screen is not working beside S-Pen Help?

I'm not sure what you are asking or what the problem is that you are having! Can you give us more detail of the problem and we'll try to help! 😉👌

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The screen is not responding or recognizing when using my fingertip. When I used the tip of s-pen to open any application, it works normal as nothing went wrong. I only had it for four months and nothing cracks or broken.

Everything works perfect until this weekend. Does it make little more sense now?

Quote Originally Posted by eddyxwb View Post
    The screen is not responding or recognizing when using my fingertip. When I used the tip of s-pen to open any application, it works normal as nothing went wrong. I only had it for four months and nothing cracks or broken.

Everything works perfect until this weekend. Does it make little more sense now?
    To start, do you have Developer options enabled?
    Settings/General/Developer options/Input, check mark Show Touches.
    When you touch the screen it will show a white dot if the phone is sensing touch.
    At this point, I'm not sure where to go with it!
    Somebody else jump in here! PLEASE!😨

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"

The capacitive touch screen and the s-pen use different digitizers. Sounds like the regular one failed. Not impossible and I think I have heard of this happening a few times. The problem is the only fix is to replace the display.

I would suggest a factory reset. If it still doesn't work contact samsung or your carrier and arrange for a replacement. Sorry for the bad news.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I contacted Samsung and they will take a look since it is still under warranty. They will reset and/or check the LCD screen and replace it if necessary or fix it as long as I was not the caused of it.

Hopefully, they can fix it and hope it is just the firmware.
    Jalopiejoe likes this.

I've the same problem please help!
    samsung did not want to help me. I Guess I'm going back to iPhone

Same thing happened to me; however, my problem was solved simply by using the S-pen to turn the device off and re-boot. Here's hoping that this doesn't happen again, with no recovery at all. Hope your problem was solved!!!

Like just today my screen finger response stopped working again. The guy who helped out the first time, asked me to reboot my system. How does one reboot the system?. It already tried the factory rest option, didn't help!

HELP...