Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Yathani
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Battery Monitor πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

Besides GSam is there a battery monitor you would highly recommend trying?
    I don't want something with app killers, boosters, toggles and other fluff! Just something that tells me what's going on with the battery and charging cycle and maybe a nice screen widget! πŸ˜†πŸ‘Œ

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"

Default Re: Best Battery Monitor πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

I fell upon Battery Doctor a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. I might hate it in another two weeks (no I won't, but I might delete it). I found a steadier battery but I can't claim either way. I ignore it's pleas to install Clean Master (nothing wrong with it).
    I like the interface, the saver setting (which shuts the screen really early as well, sometimes I leave it off). It's the kinda app I like.
    For anyone who has tried it before I would recommend trying it again, it might have improved a lot.
    This section reserved for a clever signature line.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I fell upon Battery Doctor a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. I might hate it in another two weeks (no I won't, but I might delete it). I found a steadier battery but I can't claim either way. I ignore it's pleas to install Clean Master (nothing wrong with it).
    I like the interface, the saver setting (which shuts the screen really early as well, sometimes I leave it off). It's the kinda app I like.
    For anyone who has tried it before I would recommend trying it again, it might have improved a lot.
    I used to like Battery Doctor until it start to promote other apps such as clean master and fill my gallery with cach pictures and random icons.
    Madd54 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just found this app and so far I really like it!! It's fully customizable, doesn't have all that app killer stuff and advertising! It has simple customizable widgets. And, it looks like it will do the things that I want! I'll report back on it later! πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Battery Monitor πŸ‘πŸ˜‰-1406427229832.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 

Battery Monitor Widget by 3c provides useful charging/discharging info. It does not provide info on what is using your battery like GSam though. I stay away from the Battery Doctor dev myself because of all their spam tactics.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.

Why don't you like GSam? I've been using it for years and have never had any real issues with it.

I use Battery Monitor Widget by 3c on my tablet, which I mainly use around the house or on overseas trips. It's a quick glance at battery status and also monitors the secondary battery in my Asus Transformer's dockable keyboard.

When out-and-about with my phone, a Nexus 5, I prefer Battery Monitor Widget Pro from fsinib. It provides several widgets and I use the one arrowed in the screenshot below as it has a little more information I like to see. I've presented it on this screen for scale but normally it resides on my messy Home screen. Excuse the Glitter wallpaper background; it's set to change colours randomly and this is not one of the better ones!

Best Battery Monitor πŸ‘πŸ˜‰-battmonpro.jpg
    Thanked by:

Other than GSam, Battery Monitor Widget gets my vote.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by: