Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShaggyKids
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Calendar? Samsung Calendar?

When you go into the Note 3 default calendar app settings to check which calendars you want to sync there is one that's called My Calendar and one that's called Samsung calendar.

What is the difference(s) between them and which one is really the default phone calendar?

Thanks.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Default Re: My Calendar? Samsung Calendar?

My Calendar is the device calendar and only syncs with Kies. Samsung calendar syncs with your Samsung account.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It says Samsung calendar in the settings but the only calendar app is Calendar. I do not have a Samsung Calendar app.
    Deb

I have been looking at this as well.
    There is also a menu setting for Calendars to Display, so I guess we un - check the Google one.
    Annoying for me and I guess most people is I log in to Samsung with my Gmail so it only displays the Gmail account for both calendars.

I didn't realise you don't have the S-Planner app in that other thread.

I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    It says Samsung calendar in the settings but the only calendar app is Calendar. I do not have a Samsung Calendar app.
    An account is not an app. You will not find accounts in the App Drawer. The calendars listed in the Calendar app are accounts you wish to sync with and display. That is why at the top of that screen it says "Add account."

When choosing which calendars to display in the Calendar app, you are choosing which accounts you want to display. To check your sync settings for those accounts you can go to Accounts under the General phone settings and set your sync options for each account.

If you wish to display events from your Samsung account, you choose Samsung Calendar. If you wish to display events from your Google account, you choose Google Calendar. Same with Exchange or any other account you have with calendar capability. Likewise, with Tasks. And if you wish to display events that reside only on the phone, you choose My Calendar - or for tasks, My Tasks.

When adding events, you choose which calendar you wish to add them to as well and that is where they will be synced if you have sync turned on for that account. As I said previously, if you wish to sync My Calendar events that do not have an online account and reside only on your device, you can do that with Kies.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I never thought of it in terms of apps vs. accounts. That helps clear up some of my confusion, thank you.
    Deb
    jpr likes this.