IDrive Online Backup? 😨

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried IDrive online backup? It's .99 a year and I think you can backup everything on your phone.
With Dropbox, Verizon Cloud and other built-in backup is it worth messin' with?? 😉
What do you think?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried IDrive online backup? It's .99 a year and I think you can backup everything on your phone.
With Dropbox, Verizon Cloud and other built-in backup is it worth messin' with?? ������
What do you think?

"Size Does Matter!"

Where does it say .99 cents a year? It's a good service, however, I don't see the price you mentioned.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
When you pull up the app on the Play Store it says " 0.99 the first year and permanently the following years" or something like that!

"Size Does Matter!"

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
With Dropbox, Verizon Cloud and other built-in backup is it worth messin' with?? 😉
What do you think?

"Size Does Matter!"

I just installed it so I'll let you know what I think of it. I love Dropbox but I'm just about at my limit (16gb) with them ...and I don't really feel like paying 9.99$/mo for their monthly plan (unless I have no other options that work as well as Dropbox for me).

I've been trying out different types of backup/online storage that work easily - like Dropbox - and so far I've found some ones that are okay, and a couple of crap ones (box.com used my data even though I had "wifi only" selected ...causing me to use my data allotment in like one night! Was not a happy camper!)

I'll give iDrive a go with their 5gb free - if I like it I'd be more than happy to give them $0.99/yr for it.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just installed it so I'll let you know what I think of it. I love Dropbox but I'm just about at my limit (16gb) with them ...and I don't really feel like paying 9.99$/mo for their monthly plan (unless I have no other options that work as well as Dropbox for me).

I've been trying out different types of backup/online storage that work easily - like Dropbox - and so far I've found some ones that are okay, and a couple of crap ones (box.com used my data even though I had "wifi only" selected ...causing me to use my data allotment in like one night! Was not a happy camper!)

I'll give iDrive a go with their 5gb free - if I like it I'd be more than happy to give them $0.99/yr for it.

Sarks.

I just installed it myself, it looks easy to use and the first 5GBs are free. So I'll give it a try! 😊

"Size Does Matter!"

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I just installed it myself, it looks easy to use and the first 5GBs are free. So I'll give it a try! 😊

"Size Does Matter!"

I just purchases the $.99/yr paid app. At first I wasn't sure as it seemed to be a good app for backing up stuff but not for viewing it (which I do quite often on Dropbox).

So before abandoning it I sent off an email to them and they responded very quickly (less than 24 hrs ...actually, closer to 12hrs). Telling me how to view my photos & videos. I had being going from backup > photos > uploaded photos ...and getting no where!

They told me I have to go into the access & restore > my device backup > photos.

So if you're a bit of a nit wit (like me!) and cannae find your photos this is where you go! Haha

Now I feel that the small cost is well worth it. I have yet to try backing up anything other than photos & videos - but for this alone it's worth the price.

I also like that they give you the option of backing up a "good quality (smaller size) or original quality" photos.

Sarks.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the 0.99/year app and checked a couple of things it backed up and it copied my contacts X4 of each and it mixed my Scrapbook catagories and when I closed the app and checked my Scrapbook it had it screwed up too!
I'm not too happy so far, I wrote idrive, let's see what they say!😠

"Size Does Matter!"

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I used Google Drive with Google Drive Autosync. You can also use a Mega account with 50 GB free and it will sync whatever folder you want it to, like G/D autosync

PrinceEpyon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Is mega account part of Google drive?
I have 50 gb for 2 years with dropbox. It works excellently however I'm worried what will happen when my free gigs I got for starting my account with my note 3 cones to an end.
Hoping for another promotion when I get a new phone to "renew" the ex tr a space or something.
Would love a cheap cost effective camera backup service.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I have 50 gb for 2 years with dropbox. It works excellently however I'm worried what will happen when my free gigs I got for starting my account with my note 3 cones to an end.
Hoping for another promotion when I get a new phone to "renew" the ex tr a space or something.

This app (mentioned in the title) has been working well for me the last few days to back up my photos and videos. Have it set to work via wifi and it hasn't been draining my battery any.

I have been looking for an alternative to Dropbox - even though I love Dropbox - because there is only the choice of a free acct or Pro (as far as I have seen when looking at their website) I really don't think I can justify $9.99/mo for their 100gb Pro service.

So, this app at $0.99/yr is ideal (for me).

I haven't had the same problems as Jalopiejoe - but as noted in my previous post I've only used their backup features for photo and video (you can also back up contacts, sms, music, calender, call logs and apps).

I can't comment on Mega/google drive - I have Google drive but prefer Dropbox - I'll leave that up to those who use it regularly such as FBA.

Hopefully dropbox will extend your free GBs and service.

Sarks.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Mega is a different service than Google Drive. They are not together.

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
De-installed 8/6/2014

"Size Does Matter!"

Re-installed 8/10/2014
Got it straightened out, I'll give it another try! 😉
P.S. idrives' customer service sucks! They take forever to respond and then they are no help! 😠

"Size Does Matter!"

Last edited:

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Re-installed 8/10/2014
Got it straightened out, I'll give it another try! 😉
P.S. idrives' customer service sucks! They take forever to respond and then they are no help! 😠

"Size Does Matter!"

De-installed 8/14/2014.
Idrive updated and quadrupled my contacts, and I cannot open some files for viewing. They take forever to reply to my emails. I'm done with it! 😜👎

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
De-installed 8/14/2014.
Idrive updated and quadrupled my contacts, and I cannot open some files for viewing. They take forever to reply to my emails. I'm done with it! 😜👎

Bummer. It's working well for me. Backed up 24GB worth of photos and videos on my phone :)

Sorry you've had so much trouble/so many problems with it.

Are you trying out something else instead?

Sarks.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Bummer. It's working well for me. Backed up 24GB worth of photos and videos on my phone :)

Sorry you've had so much trouble/so many problems with it.

Are you trying out something else instead?

Sarks.

I have tried several other apps but two that work for me is Dropbox and Verizon cloud though expensive to upgrade!

Joe

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I have tried several other apps but two that work for me is Dropbox and Verizon cloud though expensive to upgrade!

Joe

I love Dropbox but like I said before I'm not sure it's worth it to pay $9.99/mo for it. If there was a more affordable plan with dropbox then I would snap it up.

Until then, idrive will work for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci