Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default IDrive Online Backup? 😨

Has anyone tried IDrive online backup? It's .99 a year and I think you can backup everything on your phone.
    With Dropbox, Verizon Cloud and other built-in backup is it worth messin' with?? πŸ˜‰
    What do you think?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: IDrive Online Backup? 😨

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    Has anyone tried IDrive online backup? It's .99 a year and I think you can backup everything on your phone.
    With Dropbox, Verizon Cloud and other built-in backup is it worth messin' with?? οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
    What do you think?

"Size Does Matter!"
    Where does it say .99 cents a year? It's a good service, however, I don't see the price you mentioned.
    β€œKnowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When you pull up the app on the Play Store it says " 0.99 the first year and permanently the following years" or something like that!

"Size Does Matter!"

With Dropbox, Verizon Cloud and other built-in backup is it worth messin' with?? πŸ˜‰
    What do you think?

"Size Does Matter!"
    I just installed it so I'll let you know what I think of it. I love Dropbox but I'm just about at my limit (16gb) with them ...and I don't really feel like paying 9.99$/mo for their monthly plan (unless I have no other options that work as well as Dropbox for me).

I've been trying out different types of backup/online storage that work easily - like Dropbox - and so far I've found some ones that are okay, and a couple of crap ones (box.com used my data even though I had "wifi only" selected ...causing me to use my data allotment in like one night! Was not a happy camper!)

I'll give iDrive a go with their 5gb free - if I like it I'd be more than happy to give them $0.99/yr for it.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    anon8380037 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post
    I just installed it so I'll let you know what I think of it. I love Dropbox but I'm just about at my limit (16gb) with them ...and I don't really feel like paying 9.99$/mo for their monthly plan (unless I have no other options that work as well as Dropbox for me).

I've been trying out different types of backup/online storage that work easily - like Dropbox - and so far I've found some ones that are okay, and a couple of crap ones (box.com used my data even though I had "wifi only" selected ...causing me to use my data allotment in like one night! Was not a happy camper!)

I'll give iDrive a go with their 5gb free - if I like it I'd be more than happy to give them $0.99/yr for it.

Sarks.

I just installed it myself, it looks easy to use and the first 5GBs are free. So I'll give it a try! 😊

"Size Does Matter!"

I just installed it myself, it looks easy to use and the first 5GBs are free. So I'll give it a try! 😊

"Size Does Matter!"
    I just purchases the $.99/yr paid app. At first I wasn't sure as it seemed to be a good app for backing up stuff but not for viewing it (which I do quite often on Dropbox).

So before abandoning it I sent off an email to them and they responded very quickly (less than 24 hrs ...actually, closer to 12hrs). Telling me how to view my photos & videos. I had being going from backup > photos > uploaded photos ...and getting no where!

They told me I have to go into the access & restore > my device backup > photos.

So if you're a bit of a nit wit (like me!) and cannae find your photos this is where you go! Haha

Now I feel that the small cost is well worth it. I have yet to try backing up anything other than photos & videos - but for this alone it's worth the price.

I also like that they give you the option of backing up a "good quality (smaller size) or original quality" photos.

Sarks.

Thanked by:
    jim_h#AC and anon8380037 like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I purchased the 0.99/year app and checked a couple of things it backed up and it copied my contacts X4 of each and it mixed my Scrapbook catagories and when I closed the app and checked my Scrapbook it had it screwed up too!
    I'm not too happy so far, I wrote idrive, let's see what they say!😠

"Size Does Matter!"
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

De-installed 8/6/2014

"Size Does Matter!"

De-installed 8/6/2014

"Size Does Matter!"
    Did they reply to your query? Refund your $?

FBA

Global Posts
    2,337 Global Posts

I used Google Drive with Google Drive Autosync. You can also use a Mega account with 50 GB free and it will sync whatever folder you want it to, like G/D autosync
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

Is mega account part of Google drive?
    I have 50 gb for 2 years with dropbox. It works excellently however I'm worried what will happen when my free gigs I got for starting my account with my note 3 cones to an end.
    Hoping for another promotion when I get a new phone to "renew" the ex tr a space or something.
    Would love a cheap cost effective camera backup service.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceEpyon View Post
    I have 50 gb for 2 years with dropbox. It works excellently however I'm worried what will happen when my free gigs I got for starting my account with my note 3 cones to an end.
    Hoping for another promotion when I get a new phone to "renew" the ex tr a space or something.

This app (mentioned in the title) has been working well for me the last few days to back up my photos and videos. Have it set to work via wifi and it hasn't been draining my battery any.

I have been looking for an alternative to Dropbox - even though I love Dropbox - because there is only the choice of a free acct or Pro (as far as I have seen when looking at their website) I really don't think I can justify $9.99/mo for their 100gb Pro service.

So, this app at $0.99/yr is ideal (for me).

I haven't had the same problems as Jalopiejoe - but as noted in my previous post I've only used their backup features for photo and video (you can also back up contacts, sms, music, calender, call logs and apps).

I can't comment on Mega/google drive - I have Google drive but prefer Dropbox - I'll leave that up to those who use it regularly such as FBA.

Hopefully dropbox will extend your free GBs and service.

Sarks.

Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Did they reply to your query? Refund your $?

Nether! πŸ˜ πŸ‘Ž

"Size Does Matter!"

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceEpyon View Post

Mega is a different service than Google Drive. They are not together.

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    β€œKnowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

De-installed 8/6/2014

"Size Does Matter!"
    Re-installed 8/10/2014
    Got it straightened out, I'll give it another try! πŸ˜‰
    P.S. idrives' customer service sucks! They take forever to respond and then they are no help! 😠

"Size Does Matter!"
    Last edited by Jalopiejoe; 08-12-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    sarkycow likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Re-installed 8/10/2014
    Got it straightened out, I'll give it another try! πŸ˜‰
    P.S. idrives' customer service sucks! They take forever to respond and then they are no help! 😠

"Size Does Matter!"
    De-installed 8/14/2014.
    Idrive updated and quadrupled my contacts, and I cannot open some files for viewing. They take forever to reply to my emails. I'm done with it! πŸ˜œπŸ‘Ž

De-installed 8/14/2014.
    Idrive updated and quadrupled my contacts, and I cannot open some files for viewing. They take forever to reply to my emails. I'm done with it! πŸ˜œπŸ‘Ž
    Bummer. It's working well for me. Backed up 24GB worth of photos and videos on my phone :-)

Sorry you've had so much trouble/so many problems with it.

Are you trying out something else instead?

Sarks.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Bummer. It's working well for me. Backed up 24GB worth of photos and videos on my phone :-)

Sorry you've had so much trouble/so many problems with it.

Are you trying out something else instead?

Sarks.

I have tried several other apps but two that work for me is Dropbox and Verizon cloud though expensive to upgrade!

Joe

I have tried several other apps but two that work for me is Dropbox and Verizon cloud though expensive to upgrade!

Joe
    I love Dropbox but like I said before I'm not sure it's worth it to pay $9.99/mo for it. If there was a more affordable plan with dropbox then I would snap it up.

Until then, idrive will work for me.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I will keep trying other apps, maybe I will find something I like. I'll keep you postedπŸ‘
    sarkycow likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I will keep trying other apps, maybe I will find something I like. I'll keep you postedπŸ‘
    sarkycow
    I'm trying G Cloud, really likein'
    it so far and I like that you can buy a gig or so at a time. You get 1g and you can earn free space.
    Joe

sarkycow
    I'm trying G Cloud, really likein'
    it so far and I like that you can buy a gig or so at a time. You get 1g and you can earn free space.
    Joe
    I'll look into it. I have an email into iDrive as they say on their FAQ page that I can play videos straight from their app (with supported formats such as .mp4 and .avi) but most of mine aren't playing. If they don't have a resolve for this then I might bite the bullet with Dropbox.

I really need and want the ability to view my photos and play my videos from within the app on any device I'm using.

I double checked to make sure the video wasn't buggered on my phone but I can play the "original" on my phone fine but I cannot play the backed up version.

I'll wait and see what they say.

Sarks.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I'll look into it. I have an email into iDrive as they say on their FAQ page that I can play videos straight from their app (with supported formats such as .mp4 and .avi) but most of mine aren't playing. If they don't have a resolve for this then I might bite the bullet with Dropbox.

I really need and want the ability to view my photos and play my videos from within the app on any device I'm using.

I double checked to make sure the video wasn't buggered on my phone but I can play the "original" on my phone fine but I cannot play the backed up version.

I'll wait and see what they say.

Sarks.

Sarks,
    I have found with idrive & G cloud that some backed up files are not viewable on their app.
    G drive answered that question for me and said the files could only be transferred to a new device.
    Idrive has never answered any questions. πŸ‘Ž
    Joe

IDrive allows streaming only if video is shorter than 30 minutes or is less than 2GB in size. In case if you are facing any issues, you may contact us on live chat.

Sarks,
    I have found with idrive & G cloud that some backed up files are not viewable on their app.
    G drive answered that question for me and said the files could only be transferred to a new device.
    Idrive has never answered any questions. 👎
    Joe
    IDrive allows streaming only if video is shorter than 30 minutes or is less than 2GB in size. In case if you are facing any issues, you may contact us on live chat.
    anon8380037 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast