How do OTG cables differ from each other?
I use OTGs to connect my external hard drives to my device I bought a cable from cable matters and it does not work. Only small pendrives work (4GB 16 GB, mice and keyboard) but hard drives does not. I bought ANOTHER OTG cable from a black market in Asia and my hard drive worked! I do not know how do otgs differ from each other.
Posted via Android Central App
- 08-03-2014, 12:46 AM #2
- 08-03-2014, 05:15 AM #4
- 14 Posts
Re: How do OTG cables differ from each other?
the difference in connecting a small USB (4G) like the one you stated that works and an external hard drive, is the amount of power that is needed to use the external device.
The small devices will need up to 100mA i believe.
An External drive will need 400-600mA.
It seems that the cable itself is ok, since it works with the small devices.
Maybe the cable doesn't support the higher current, it might just be a really low quality cable.
You could try to contact Cable Matters and tell them that you think the cable isn't in the quality you were expecting and ask for a refund.
- 08-04-2014, 11:33 AM #6
- 08-04-2014, 12:03 PM #7
- 08-05-2014, 08:10 AM #8
- By IMAZTriBabe in forum Bionic Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 10-28-2014, 11:18 PM
- By turtletom100 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-14-2014, 11:34 AM
- By austriak in forum LG G3Replies: 5Last Post: 08-03-2014, 05:46 PM
- By Andy Gombar in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2014, 11:37 PM
- By dmb4nu in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2014, 11:33 PM