Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jim_h#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to completely clean a note 3?

I bought a note 3 off ebay and its coming in friday. How do I completely clean/reset it so its as good as new. I heard the screen doesnt go well with alcohol cleaners because of its coating.

Should I worry about electronics failing if its preowned btw?

Default Re: How to completely clean a note 3?

Hi it will be fine I clean my phone with the fibre cloth and a led screen cleaner for TV's tablets and mobiles it's £2 on eBay does a great job

Ulimate Note 3
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,379 Global Posts

Alcohol based cleaners work fine..I used them before I installed a glass screen protector and had no issues.

You can and should wipe the phone by doing the following:

1) Turn phone off
    2) Press and hold in this order, Home Button, Volume Up, and finally, POWER...until you get the bootup recovery screen
    3) Choose "wipe data/ factory reset"

Your'e done - just wait it out for the system to reboot, which can take several minutes.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

You should definitely not use alcohol on screens with oleophobic coating. It will gradually remove the coating, leaving your screen at risk for breaking easily as well as negatively impact the smooth operation, feel, and oleophobic properties of the screen.
    Thanked by:

I find rubbing the screen gently on the leg of my jeans does the job just as well as any faffy micro cloth or liquid cleaning solution
    dc52ltr likes this.

I got a nice cloth with my tempered glass protector that works great. First one I've ever really liked and that does a good job.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    You should definitely not use alcohol on screens with oleophobic coating. It will gradually remove the coating, leaving your screen at risk for breaking easily as well as negatively impact the smooth operation, feel, and oleophobic properties of the screen.
    I guess I stand corrected, however, I have been using alcohol based cleaners on my Zagg Glass, and I haven't noticed any difference on the screen action, nor has it decreased its penchant for finger/ face prints either. It was bad before, and remains just as bad today!
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    I guess I stand corrected, however, I have been using alcohol based cleaners on my Zagg Glass, and I haven't noticed any difference on the screen action, nor has it decreased its penchant for finger/ face prints either. It was bad before, and remains just as bad today!
    This is kind of why I stopped messing with screen protectors and cleaning products for the screen. Nothing seemed to work any better than the (semi)joking post I made yesterday about using my jeans. I really can't tell any difference. My screen is covered by the flip case I use and is completely scratch free. Fingerprints cling to it no matter what I do, so I just can't be bothered with the hassle of liquids or special cloths any more.

A good eye glass cleaner is recommended. Works great. And safe

Posted from my awesome Note3
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1