- 1 Posts
Using MIDI keyboard with Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I'd like to use a MIDI keyboard with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The keyboard is an iRigKey Pro. The keyboard is supposed to get powered from the USB port connecting it to the phone. I got the required micro-USB to micro-USB cable but when I plug in the keyboard it doesn't get powered by the phone.
I am afraid that the micro-USB to micro-USB can only by used to charge the phone but not to power an external device, e.g. the keyboard, from the phone.
PS: The MIDI keyboard works fine from the computer so the issue somehow is phone specific...
- 08-09-2014, 05:01 PM #2
- 08-09-2014, 07:06 PM #3
- 85 Posts
Re: Using MIDI keyboard with Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I have an E-MU Xboard 25 Midi keyboard.
Up until reading this thread I never thought to try it on the Note 3.
I downloaded some free music APP, plugged in the keyboard and it worked straight off no problem.
There is a 200ms delay between pressing the key and hearing the note which renders it useless, but that may just be the app.
You can power the keyboard separately but I was using it purely from the phone.
EDIT: I am on JB 4.3
- By centerwaters in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:04 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 04:21 PM
- By Janice Friedman in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 03:45 PM
- By rarroyo4 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2014, 03:09 PM
- By Jose Rodriguez32 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2014, 02:44 PM