Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I just noticed something when opening my Google camera app. There are two little buttons in the top labeled "mode list" and "film strip" which do the same thing as the swipe left and right functions. My question is how do I get rid of these buttons? It's really getting on my nerves and looks ugly in my opinion :E

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: how to remove this ?? help

Oops, forgot to add screen shot

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how to remove this ?? help-screenshot_2014-08-11-10-33-25.jpg  

Are you running an old version or did you sideload it? I have version 2.3.019 from the Play Store and don't have those. Are you running anything other than the stock 4.4.2 ROM?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Are you running an old version or did you sideload it? I have version 2.3.019 from the Play Store and don't have those. Are you running anything other than the stock 4.4.2 ROM?
    Yea I'm running the same version and I got it from the Play Store (I already tried uninstalling and re installing . I'm on stock 4.4.2 but I am rooted if that makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by emad1995 View Post
    Yea I'm running the same version and I got it from the Play Store (I already tried uninstalling and re installing . I'm on stock 4.4.2 but I am rooted if that makes a difference

Well rooting itself, without doing any root hacks, shouldn't change anything. But assuming you rooted for a reason and did do some things afterwards that cannot be done without root it is possible something you did changed something that is affecting this. The reason though that I asked about the ROM is because the camera functionality is intricately linked with TouchWiz. And also because this app requires KitKat. So it's not either of those then in your case.

I don't know if it's because of anything you changed with root access or if it is something else. But there are no settings to enable or disable those buttons in the app so i think it might be because of something external to the app that is affecting it. If you look at the screen shots on the play store page, they are not present. So from that I am assuming that the way mine functions is the norm and yours is the one that is different.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Actually it turns out one of my apps was causing this. It was an Android L lockscreen app. It had a camera shortcut and when I clicked on it, my Google camera app got those weird icons that would not go away even with a reboot, but uninstalling the app did the trick.