Buy music and store internally.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I do not want to use data to play music all the time... I want to buy a song and have it download directly to internal phone storage... Is this possible without having to pay monthly for Google music or have an amazon prime account... I don't download enough to justify 10 dollars a month for Google or 99 dollars a year for amazon prime.

mac_hack_420

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi am not sure if it's change but the only way to download them is by using Google music on your pc and transferring them to your phone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a song from the Google music app and it stores to cloud player... It won't give me the option to stir to device unless I activate account... an I mistaken that if I link my info with Google play music it will charge me... So then I am paying for song and for Google music?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a song from the Google music app and it stores to cloud player... It won't give me the option to stir to device unless I activate account... an I mistaken that if I link my info with Google play music it will charge me... So then I am paying for song and for Google music?

You are mistaken. It will not charge you to use the app unless you sign up for the service. I have never paid for google music access and have the play music app on my phone and have downloaded all music to device.

Just adding that once downloaded to device, you will have full access in the play music app. If you wanted to play them in another app or take them off the device, they are not saved by the song name, but by a random filename. But you can download the songs, without paying for service as well, on your computer directly from google music so no need to transfer from your phone anyway.

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I do not want to use data to play music all the time... I want to buy a song and have it download directly to internal phone storage... Is this possible without having to pay monthly for Google music or have an amazon prime account... I don't download enough to justify 10 dollars a month for Google or 99 dollars a year for amazon prime.

Ensure you have the latest update to Play Music. Shop around to something you like then hit the download icon.
e6e8e4ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
i did this and song does not show in stock music player...or on power amp. Am I doing something wrong.
I do have google music set to sync etc...any suggestions.

Edited to add...restarted phone any the track showed up...hope my silly mistake will help someone else.

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to the play store on on your computer and download them through there. Thats how i moved the purchased music to my phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to eliminate the step of using pc then transferring to phone...I did finally get them to cross over as I said above. I am pretty sure the restart did the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995