Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Hello everybody,,
    So i got my note 3 second hand and the previous owner has updated the note 3 to kitkat but im noticing that the battery drains quickly it loses 50% per 5 hours is it normal? Do i have to change the battery or something? Please help
    Thanks (ps: im a very heavy user and i play games on it)

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails samsung galaxy note 3 battery-screenshot_2014-08-13-18-09-00.jpg  

Default Re: samsung galaxy note 3 battery

Welcome to Android Central! If you're a heavy gamer, that could be the main reason. It would help to see the following screenshots after you've charged up to 100%, then let it drop to 20-30% with normal usage (and without charging in between):

1. The main Settings>Battery screen (like the one you just posted).
    2. The fullscreen battery graph (to see total Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see the total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category (to see the total Time Without Signal).

A quick way to confirm a failing battery is to take it out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But if it doesn't spin, that doesn't rule it out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the help but actually i have another question, i tapped on the battery usage as you told me but i didnt see usage time for each use and i spinned the battery just like you told me but it didnt spin freely i think its not the battery problem.... i asked an expert in samsung mobiles he told me that my battery is normal and there is nothing to do about it and he told me every note 3 that has a kitkat version on it the battery dies in just 10 hours
    Again thanks for the help

On the screen you posted above, tap on the graph part. That will show you the full screen battery graph. And if you tap the Screen listing, you'll see a separate screen showing the Screen On time.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Oh thank you

i had a battery problem once on my note and i did a factory data reset and it solved my issue. mine was draining fast and that fixed my issue.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I've tried a factory reset but no difference
    Can you tell me how long does your battery last when you charge it 100%?
    Mine is 10 hours when i play games like almost continuously

What as the screen on time for that shot?
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by hamzahmalas View Post
    I've tried a factory reset but no difference
    Can you tell me how long does your battery last when you charge it 100%?
    Mine is 10 hours when i play games like almost continuously

That's pretty good. I find games kill my battery. Especially when I used to play candy crush.

Quote Originally Posted by hamzahmalas View Post
    Thanks for the help but actually i have another question, i tapped on the battery usage as you told me but i didnt see usage time for each use and i spinned the battery just like you told me but it didnt spin freely i think its not the battery problem.... i asked an expert in samsung mobiles he told me that my battery is normal and there is nothing to do about it and he told me every note 3 that has a kitkat version on it the battery dies in just 10 hours
    Again thanks for the help

So called Samsung expert is correct. Before kit Kat update I was getting 16/17 hours daily, after 10/12. And data signal is horrible, bouncing between 3g/4g/1x all the time, kind of makes me wonder if this is most the blame for poor battery life now. You can get 4g back if you put in airplane mode and back to normal.

There are several posts about the bad data signal after kit Kat.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    So called Samsung expert is correct. Before kit Kat update I was getting 16/17 hours daily, after 10/12. And data signal is horrible, bouncing between 3g/4g/1x all the time, kind of makes me wonder if this is most the blame for poor battery life now. You can get 4g back if you put in airplane mode and back to normal.

There are several posts about the bad data signal after kit Kat.

I think you may have a bad device. After I installed kitkat my phone ran better and it fixed my GPS issue also.

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    I think you may have a bad device. After I installed kitkat my phone ran better and it fixed my GPS issue also.
    Verizon said some devices did not react well to the update. So we will see what the replacement does.

Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    Verizon said some devices did not react well to the update. So we will see what the replacement does.

Yeah. I would venture to say the replacement should work out. Not every sw ug goes well. I'm just glad it worked out for you with a replacement.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Oh thanks for the help

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

It was like 2:30 hours