Battery life is pretty bad and getting worse

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had this phone for 5 Months now and went from having on average 5 hours of screen time to around 1 and a half hours to 2 hours.

1fc50c238eec2c3233df89a4235ea538.jpg
d5bf02505f8ebd2d7466a1b554736731.jpg

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've seen decreased battery life slightly but it was corrected with a factory reset or restarting the device occasionally. I've had this Note 3 for about 9 months.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've seen decreased battery life slightly but it was corrected with a factory reset or restarting the device occasionally. I've had this Note 3 for about 9 months.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

I have way to much stuff on my Phone to deal with a Factory reset and have restarted the phone and cleared cache a few times ...

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My wife was noticing a decline in her battery life and purchased a new battery. Solved all her problems. Your battery health could just be weak now. That's the beauty of these phones. Removable battery.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I would turn on power saving mode, turn off Bluetooth, turn off location settings, use wifi if you can, turn off cellular data if it's a bad connection or you don't need it, turn the brightness as low as you can stand it, and turn off some built in apps that are running that you don't use,

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would turn on power saving mode, turn off Bluetooth, turn off location settings, use wifi if you can, turn off cellular data if it's a bad connection or you don't need it, turn the brightness as low as you can stand it, and turn off some built in apps that are running that you don't use,

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Why should i have to change my setting now to accommodate my phone ? I prefer high brightness screens and use data 4g all the time ... I never had this issue start up until around july

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Why should i have to change my setting now to accommodate my phone ? I prefer high brightness screens and use data 4g all the time ... I never had this issue start up until around july

Exactly. You shouldn't have to neuter your phone just to get battery life back to what it used to be. Doing all this just lessens the overall experience of the phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There is something to resetting after doing it once. Also I removed a faulty card and never replaced it.

That said - and failing the above, I would invest in 2 batteries (a Samsung and an Anker) and just work the hell out of your own phone.
My battery can be either very good, or still just drop off a cliff in the afternoon when I need it in the evening. I will try another battery, though still haven't ordered one!

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I was having problems with my battery life the other day, it was declining at about 10% per hour with little or no use. I tried turning on the power saving mode and that did not help. I restarted my phone and that did not seem to help, I try to reboot my phone after about every 200 hours to clear things out. I finally decided to turn my phone off and leave it off for about 2 minutes before I turned it back on. That seemed to do the tricked, without power saving mode the battery only decreases about 1% per hour if it is not being used and about 2-6% per hour if it is being used a lot. I think an application got updated and it did not install properly.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Either the battery is bad, or system is messed up.

Wipe the system cache first and see if it fix it. If not, consider hard reset, if that doesn't work, but a new battery.

@T-Mobile GN3

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Either the battery is bad, or system is messed up.

Wipe the system cache first and see if it fix it. If not, consider hard reset, if that doesn't work, but a new battery.

@T-Mobile GN3
I already did all that short of a hard reset and honestly not going to do that.... To much time wasted doing hard resets in the last 3-4 months

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
After about 8 months with the note 3 I noticed the same thing. I did all the same things as you, even reluctantly doing the factory reset. Didn't help. I solved the problem by selling it on swappa and buying a G3

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
One of the main features that made me chose the Note 3 was the removable battery. I always carry a spare battery, sometimes two. They are cheap and I don't have to worry about battery low. Pulling up on a year with my Note 3, and I have had many long days of continuous use and no worries about battery losing charge.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
One of the main features that made me chose the Note 3 was the removable battery. I always carry a spare battery, sometimes two. They are cheap and I don't have to worry about battery low. Pulling up on a year with my Note 3, and I have had many long days of continuous use and no worries about battery losing charge.
Once again why should I now have a 2nd battery? The phone never had this issue till recently and I shouldn't carry batteries or change how I use my phone

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
If it's not an app then it has to be KitKat. I'm rooted and using a custom KitKat rom. Battery life was horrible. Getting 1.5 hours of screen time. Flashed a new kernel and battery life is back up to around 5 hours screen time now.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Once again why should I now have a 2nd battery? The phone never had this issue till recently and I shouldn't carry batteries or change how I use my phone
Your perspective is interesting, but I don't understand why you said what you did. I'm baffled by your post really. Battery tech is still way behind the phone hardware in this context and that's why we still have phones lasting only a day or so before the battery dies.

For me the reason for wanting a spare is dead easy; because smartphones don't always last long enough on a single charge. It's still a phone and so I hark back to the days of the Nokias that lasted days without a charge despite the seemingly constant use. For the size and price of a 2nd battery, it's a no brainer to have one spare.

A lot of people look at having a removable battery as a huge selling point. It certainly was one for me and one big reason why I came from HTC to Samsung. So my question is: If you're out somewhere and your battery runs out and there's no way to charge it, won't you be kicking yourself for not spending the few pounds/dollars it costs to have a spare? Especially on the day when you're watching someone like me casually changing out the dead for the fully charged one hehe. I know I would be! :p

Just my 2p worth :)

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
My battery is horrible.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-08-21-18-11-16.jpg
    2014-08-21-18-11-16.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 2014-08-21-18-08-47.jpg
    2014-08-21-18-08-47.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 28

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Your perspective is interesting, but I don't understand why you said what you did. I'm baffled by your post really. Battery tech is still way behind the phone hardware in this context and that's why we still have phones lasting only a day or so before the battery dies.

For me the reason for wanting a spare is dead easy; because smartphones don't always last long enough on a single charge. It's still a phone and so I hark back to the days of the Nokias that lasted days without a charge despite the seemingly constant use. For the size and price of a 2nd battery, it's a no brainer to have one spare.

A lot of people look at having a removable battery as a huge selling point. It certainly was one for me and one big reason why I came from HTC to Samsung. So my question is: If you're out somewhere and your battery runs out and there's no way to charge it, won't you be kicking yourself for not spending the few pounds/dollars it costs to have a spare? Especially on the day when you're watching someone like me casually changing out the dead for the fully charged one hehe. I know I would be! :p

Just my 2p worth :)

I NEVER had a problem with the battery lasting a full day and then some and never needed to use a 2nd battery. Now it is dying way to fast and while the Battery is a solution it is a band aid.... I don't want to now carry a 2nd battery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca