Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jpr
  • 1 Post By sarkycow
  • 1 Post By ChrisP1234
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Junk email coming through as notifications

Hi,
    My Note 3 has started sending me notifications for junk emails along with my regular inbox. Can't pin point exactly when it started doing this but it certainly didn't do it when I first set the account up (hotmail). I've looked at the settings and can't find anything whereby you can choose which folders to have notifications for. Tried removing the account and adding it again to no avail.

So far I've had the FBI on telling me I've one the lottery, had requests to renew my security details for banks I don't have accounts with and had the prince of Zimbabwe on about some money he needs to move out of the country. (Sent them all my bank details but I've not heard anything back strangely)

Anyone know how to stop this?
    Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    jpr

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

Default Re: Junk email coming through as notifications

It will give you notifications for all folders you have set to sync. You can set your junk email folder to manual sync so that you will only get that mail when you check it manually.
    ChrisP1234 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah saw that and it was already on manual so I assumed it was something else. Assuming it's as per this pic? Junk email coming through as notifications-screenshot_2014-08-14-22-24-54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP1234 View Post
    Hi,
    My Note 3 has started sending me notifications for junk emails along with my regular inbox. Can't pin point exactly when it started doing this but it certainly didn't do it when I first set the account up (hotmail). I've looked at the settings and can't find anything whereby you can choose which folders to have notifications for. Tried removing the account and adding it again to no avail.

So far I've had the FBI on telling me I've one the lottery, had requests to renew my security details for banks I don't have accounts with and had the prince of Zimbabwe on about some money he needs to move out of the country. (Sent them all my bank details but I've not heard anything back strangely)

Anyone know how to stop this?
    Thanks

I've found that if you view your junk email folder then it starts to notify you when you have "new" junk emails. The only way I've found to stop this was to remove the email account and re-add it. Nothing else I tried worked, unfortunately, but removing & re-adding did.

ChrisP1234 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Cheers. I thought I'd tried it but the account was still at the top of the list in my settings. Took it off and put it back on and now it's at the bottom so I may not have. Fingers crossed.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No junk notifications for a couple of days so it seems to have done the trick. Thanks for everybody's assistance.

CP

sarkycow likes this.