Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Firmware bug causes "false" extreme battery consumption to be reported?

While updating GPS Status & Toolbox today, I noticed the section about a Samsung firmware bug that apparently causes false battery consumption to be reported for apps that use sensors. The message is generic in that I didn't see a specific phone referenced.

While I've not noticed any false excessive battery consumption reporting on my Note 3, I wonder if a bug (if there is a bug), could be contributing to concerns about less than expected battery life?

If anyone knows more details on the firmware bug, please share. Might help others in the event there is a bug.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firmware bug causes "false" extreme battery consumption to be reported?-tempfileforshare.jpg  

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Firmware bug causes "false" extreme battery consumption to be reported?

Hmm. It looks like it reports that the GPS uses more of your battery than it actually does, but doesn't have too much of an effect on battery life. My phone (a rooted GS4) does show that the GPS was on all day even though I don't have any location services on.
    Don't think this has anything to do with those who are having battery issues on their Samsung phones, but I'll keep an eye out for posts reporting "abnormal" drain from the GPS.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Dog5000 likes this.