Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Quite useful app: SideSync

Hi guys,

Many of you might already know about this app by Samsung, many might not, but I just discovered it a few days ago and so far I'm loving it. So, I was hopped up about the fact that I could mirror my Samsung TV on my Note 10.1 and Note 3, so when my new TV asked me to download the newest version of Smart Screen, I also stumbled upon SideSync.

What it does is just about the same as what the TV does with the phone, except this is between smart devices. It lets you mirror the screen of one device onto another (you can even have a floating, resizable window or you can run it in full screen mode) and control it, so you can use your phone on your PC, your phone in your tablet, your tablet on your PC, etc.

But what I REALLY have been enjoying is the fact that you can also connect a device to your PC and just have it share input control. You can type on your phone with your PC Keyboard and control actions in your phone with the mouse. The pointer works as your finger would; left click translates to a tap, left click and hold and you get tap and hold action, right click is the back button, middle click is the menu button, and the home keyboard button has the same effect on your phone.

You can even expand notifications with the tap and hold action and just scrolling down with the mouse! Want to prompt your voice assistant or launch Google Now? Multitasking? You can do that with press-and-hold or double tap of the keyboard's home button. Amazeballs.

Now I just lay my phone right below my PC monitor and should I need to interact with my phone, I just scroll the mouse past the PC screen and in automatically wakes the phone up (it acts as a virtual, extended screen of sorts).

You can connect via USB or WiFi (but as usual, you have to be on the same network for this to work). The only problem I've encountered is that for some reason, when pairing the phone with my tablet, the keyboard on the phone will not work at all.

Just thought I'd leave this here in case anyone is interested in this kind of tool. I believe it's compatible with most newer Sammy devices.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention, you can use your mouse's scrolling wheel (or button or section if you have a trackpad) to, well, scroll up and down your phone.
    Thanked by 2:
    UJ95x and sarkycow like this.

Global Posts
    9,361 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Quite useful app: SideSync

Noticed another user here had it installed. Haven't used it myself but it is a pretty nice feature for those who like to be able to see what's going on on their device without actually having to pull it out
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan