Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen on time check screen on time check

Hi I use my phone a lot I did a on screen time and I got 5 hours any one beat this.

Ulimate Note 3

Default Re: screen on time check screen on time check

I have gotten 10 hours SOT before.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    UJ95x likes this.

I'm averaging 5hr 50m screen on time. But, it must depend a lot on what you're doing. If you're using offline apps or just reading stuff on screen that time will increase a huge amount. Most of my usage is sms, twitter, www, whatsapp and email. All online and a mixture of wifi and mobile data, so I'm really happy with that performance.

More impressive for me is the average battery life. I'm getting 1d 10.3hr. I know others will probably beat this, but even so, it's amazing for a smartphone with nothing ground breaking for the battery.

Before KitKat I used to average 6 hours screen time. After KitKat I am lucky (and I mean lucky) if I can get 5 hours.
    You don't realize how much that one hour makes a difference until you are plugging your phone in to charge.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vpblaze View Post
    Before KitKat I used to average 6 hours screen time. After KitKat I am lucky (and I mean lucky) if I can get 5 hours.
    You don't realize how much that one hour makes a difference until you are plugging your phone in to charge.
    I often wonder why KitKat affects the same phone's battery life so differently. Some people seem to have increased life since the upgrade and others have gotten rid of the phone due to such poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by jim_h#AC View Post
    I often wonder why KitKat affects the same phone's battery life so differently. Some people seem to have increased life since the upgrade and others have gotten rid of the phone due to such poor performance.
    I think one of the big factors can be the carriers. Samsung comes out with their version then pushes it to the carriers. Then they load all their crap on there and that's probably where things get screwy and different.
    If it was just the same update coming from Samsung for all the same phones, I think there would be less problems.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    jim_h#AC likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I got 8bhours today that a 20 minutes break then back on 8 hours screen on

Ulimate Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by waz ahmer View Post
    I got 8bhours today that a 20 minutes break then back on 8 hours screen on

Ulimate Note 3
    So wait... 16 hour screen time?

Idk why but I tried it once and my phone was totally gone after 3 hours (and it was pretty new)

Quote Originally Posted by timmy2702 View Post
    Idk why but I tried it once and my phone was totally gone after 3 hours (and it was pretty new)
    You can check it on your battery screen by touching the screen icon for the total screen time, and touching the grey graph for the battery history information.

If anyone has some time showing on the charging line, they've been cheating.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro