normal battery drainage?

emchun

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I have had my note 3 since April this year. At the start the battery life was pretty good. But now I realised the battery drainage is just so ridiculous. I only go on a few websites for less than 10 minutes then the battery goes down like 3-4%. It's not like I'm even watching a video. (To compare this with my fully charged iPad, I'm playing a game for 10 minutes and it is still 100%!!!) I'm just simply reading some stuff off a webpage. Here I've attached some pictures and you can see lot's of sharp drops in the battery, it doesn't look very normal to me. I've looked around other people's post and their battery is smoothly going down. I honestly don't even have much apps and I turn off everything with the exception of wifi or mobile data.

Screenshot_2014-08-21-22-06-52.jpg
Screenshot_2014-08-21-22-08-19.jpg

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I feel your pain. My battery drop is just annoying now.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-08-21-18-11-16.jpg
    2014-08-21-18-11-16.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 2014-08-21-18-08-47.jpg
    2014-08-21-18-08-47.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 51

emchun

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest clearing the system cache in recovery, and giving the device a full charge right after. If you still have issues, we can discuss them then.

Try this for recovery: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
Follow instructions for the S3.

Thanks for the guide. I'll try that out.

emchun

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Let us know what happens.
After trying what the guide says, the battery is better when I'm not using my Note, after sleeping a night it only dropped 1% where it use to drop like 20%, however that was with the wifi off so I don't know what it will be like with it on. However, while using the phone I realise it still drops a lot. I went on facebook for a bit, under 10 minutes, and it still dropped 3-4%. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I hear a lot of people saying they can last like a day even with high usage on their Note 3. If I were to do that, I don't think I'd last even half a day. I don't even dare to play games on my phone because of what it will do to my battery...

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
After trying what the guide says, the battery is better when I'm not using my Note, after sleeping a night it only dropped 1% where it use to drop like 20%, however that was with the wifi off so I don't know what it will be like with it on. However, while using the phone I realise it still drops a lot. I went on facebook for a bit, under 10 minutes, and it still dropped 3-4%. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I hear a lot of people saying they can last like a day even with high usage on their Note 3. If I were to do that, I don't think I'd last even half a day. I don't even dare to play games on my phone because of what it will do to my battery...

In your original post above, the screenshot shows that you were able to go nearly four days without a charge. That's great battery life. The following link may help provide more details for why you are seeing a drop in the first few minutes after unplugging.

http://phandroid.com/2010/12/25/you...is-lying-to-you-and-its-not-such-a-bad-thing/

emchun

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
In your original post above, the screenshot shows that you were able to go nearly four days without a charge. That's great battery life. The following link may help provide more details for why you are seeing a drop in the first few minutes after unplugging.

Actually I did charge it once. You can see that the line shot back up. And it only lasts that long because I barely even use it. That screenshot I posted above was when I only went on fb and other websites for less than 10 minutes each time, some messaging between friends using the kakaotalk app or normal SMS and calling a few times. I didn't watch any videos or play any games, in fact, I didn't even have a single game on my phone during that time. What shocks me is the fact that just doing such little things on my phone takes away so much battery, and because of this reason, I don't even download any games and I try to keep my apps to a minimum. I love listening to music but I bring a iPod around with me and use that instead of my Note which really sucks. I'm afraid if I try listening to music using my Note, I'd never make it to the end of the day with my phone alive. :/

And thanks for the link you posted. But I do wonder why my iPad can stay at 100% after playing games 10 minutes straight....

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. There's an app called GSAM that is helpful for digging in further and troubleshooting battery aspects. May help pinpoint what's going on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000