Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android OS using 11GB+ of data?

I switched to TMobile in Feb from AT&T. I had unlimited data on AT&T and the most data I ever used was 13GB, granted I was throttled after about 8GB but still never went over that. (using an iphone)

Since Feb, using my Note 3, I'm averaging 25GB per month, last month I hit 45GB, this month I'm close to 30GB.

I downloaded a data manager app to try and pinpoint why I'm using so much data and for the last 2 months the biggest usage has been Android OS.

Why is my OS using so much data? I'm not too worried since I'm on unlimited data with TMobile, but I have no idea why my OS is using so much data.

Any ideas? Anyone else have the same problem?

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android OS using 11GB+ of data?-screenshot_2014-08-27-07-19-08.jpg  

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Android OS using 11GB+ of data?

The only thing I can think of is Samsung is grouping Play Store, and anything else that Android does in one group. I am probably wrong though.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

My Android OS is 5.34gb check your manager folder

Ulimate Note 3

Most likely the apps you use use Android media services to download/play media content. So this data is being classified as android OS services. I'd recommend finding a different tracking app to get better stats.

Do you EVER use WiFi for anything? That's a TON of 4G data. 😲