Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

Default Are there any remotes for Android phones?

I use my phone to play music at work, and rather than fumble through my pockets to try to get the music app open to pause a song, I'd rather just reach in my pocket for a remote to quickly press a button. I can't use headphones at work, so I'm not looking for any headsets, rather a remote.

I bought this:

Bluetooth Media Music Remote Control Wireless Camera Shutter for iOS Android | eBay

But I got jipped, as it doesn't work for it

Anybody know of any?

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

Default Re: Are there any remotes for Android phones?

Quote Originally Posted by Zabrak View Post
    I use my phone to play music at work, and rather than fumble through my pockets to try to get the music app open to pause a song, I'd rather just reach in my pocket for a remote to quickly press a button. I can't use headphones at work, so I'm not looking for any headsets, rather a remote.

I bought this:

Bluetooth Media Music Remote Control Wireless Camera Shutter for iOS Android | eBay

But I got jipped, as it doesn't work for it

But I got jipped, as it doesn't work for

But I got jipped, as it doesn't work for
    Anybody know of any?
    I don't think there is

Posted via the Android Central App

You can use the app Tactile Player to program the power button to pause and play if you double or triple press it (whichever you choose). For Samsung phones you choose the Simulate Headset option in the app. It works with or without the screen locked. There is a free version and the above feature works on my Note 3.

I've thought it would be nice to a Bluetooth remote control to control things such as volume, music, and what not while phone is in cradle in car. I don't want to wear a smart watch for this function. A remote like Applele tv would do the trick

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You can buy a galaxy gear to do that!

boudicca00 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    I've thought it would be nice to a Bluetooth remote control to control things such as volume, music, and what not while phone is in cradle in car. I don't want to wear a smart watch for this function. A remote like Applele tv would do the trick

When you're driving, voice control is a much better solution than a remote. You really don't want to be handling a remote any more than you would a phone in that circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    You can buy a galaxy gear to do that!

Don't want a smart watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    When you're driving, voice control is a much better solution than a remote. You really don't want to be handling a remote any more than you would a phone in that circumstance.
    I drive a truck, voice command is hit and miss, and creates more a distraction watching to see if it worked. All I need is volume up/down, skip song or go back. Nothing fancy.