Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy note 3 battery dying quickly help..error message

I have a less than a month old galaxy note 3 phone. From verizon. I have checked the battery usage and it says instagram used about 50% of my battery. I know that is not normal. These are also weird apps in there such as com.android.systemui and sometimes instagram says (com.instagram.android. ANY IDEA???? the battery dies rapidly
  2. Best Answer

I've got a different phone (HTC One X) but same problem. Instagram is never shutting down when you exit it. Also it's making my phone really hot while using the app and that chews battery too. I think it's a recently introduced bug and I'm hoping they fix it soon.
    In the meantime, I've got my back button set to kill the app if I do a long press. This way when I exit it, I know it's dead and not eating battery. Also (for now) I've tried to cut down on my Instagram time as having some battery left at the end of the day is more important.

Default Re: Galaxy note 3 battery dying quickly help..error message

I've got a different phone (HTC One X) but same problem. Instagram is never shutting down when you exit it. Also it's making my phone really hot while using the app and that chews battery too. I think it's a recently introduced bug and I'm hoping they fix it soon.
    In the meantime, I've got my back button set to kill the app if I do a long press. This way when I exit it, I know it's dead and not eating battery. Also (for now) I've tried to cut down on my Instagram time as having some battery left at the end of the day is more important.