Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Volume turns down while listening to pandora

While running I have always listened to pandora through my earbuds and never had any problems. The past week after listening for awhile the volume will decrease to zero by itself. I will turn it back up and it will decrease itself again. I am sorry to ask if this issue has been covered but I searched and couldnt find an identical issue. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Default Re: Volume turns down while listening to pandora

Does this only happen with Pandora? If so, it could be an app bug but you can always try clearing cache and data on the app and see if that helps.

I would try to use a different app AND a different set of earbuds. Maybe yours are causing interference and are actually making the phone turn the volume down, just as if you were pressing the volume buttons on the headset controller. Or check your phone holdster (if you're using one) when you're running. Maybe the volume buttons are getting depressed when you jog?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the response. I have tried all of the above and it still does it. I don't have a clue what's going on. Sometimes it won't even acknowledge when I push the button to turn it up unless I wait a few minutes.

So does it do it with other apps too?

Quote Originally Posted by trenthbritt View Post
    While running I have always listened to pandora through my earbuds and never had any problems. The past week after listening for awhile the volume will decrease to zero by itself. I will turn it back up and it will decrease itself again. I am sorry to ask if this issue has been covered but I searched and couldnt find an identical issue. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?
    There is a long-standing bug in Galaxy devices where bluetooth volume gets lowered when a notification comes in, but the volume doesn't go back up. I wonder if this isn't part of the same bug. I have searched but found no solution. My $125 Kyocera has no trouble lowering the volume for a notification and then raising it back up again, but my Note 3 can't do it. This happens in Pandora, YouTube and other apps that stream to my bluetooth headsets. I would love to see a solution. I've searched for a fix, and have seen people with other Galaxy devices with the same problem, but no solution.

Hmmm... weird. My Note 3 has no issues with bluetooth audio streaming. I use it on an iShower speaker, an LG stereo, and my car's audio system (Mazda, in case it matters).

There once was a bug with Whatsapp where it would lower the volume with notifications even if the phone was set to vibrate or silent, but that was fixed by the dev and it didn't have anything to do with the system.