Loosing 25% power when switched off in 6 hrs

smartjais

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I have a SM-N900 and its about 4 months old.(sold my old note 2 and got this ) On Average the phone lasts 24 hrs or so in my usage.
But This is a problem i noticed and wanted your opinion and help.
I switched off the phone yesterday night with about 38% charge remaining at about 1 am.
I turned it on at 7:30 am and it was on 16 % and within a min 15 % and needed charging.
How can the phone lose so much power when its off ? is this normal?
Kindly help.

I reset the phone about a month ago and started from scratch as i was having some battery standby issues (after getting 4.4.2 update) and the reset solved it.
I don't think this phone had this prob from the start but cant be sure as i almost never switch off my phone .. just restart it.
but now i am wondering if i have a faulty samsung battery :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-16-10-26-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-16-10-26-42.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 30

smartjais

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
That would actually be my guess.
You can get batteries here:

Relatively inexpensive solution. If the phone acts the same way, it is probably something in the software (in which case, I would start talking to Samsung), and at least you have an extra battery.

I was kinda thinking the same thing . getting a second battery to check and call samsung if its a battery issue..
since i am under warranty they will replace my original battery if faulty right ?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was kinda thinking the same thing . getting a second battery to check and call samsung if its a battery issue..
since i am under warranty they will replace my original battery if faulty right ?

I think so. Never had to deal with Samsung and the original warranty.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Try shut the phone down, take battery out for 10 minutes, then put in back.

With phone off, charge it to 100 percent (you will see the green light).

Turn it on, you can also try to wipe the cache at this time, run it down to 10 percent, pay attention to 2 things:

1. Does battery drop suddenly by more than 10 percent?

2. How long does the phone last, try to only do simple tasks, such as watching movie, email, browsing Web. Make sure the data is off when is not needed.

Report back your results when it's done.

Btw, you can charge it again once it reaches 10 percent.

@T-Mobile GN3

Last edited:

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem recently losing battery life quickly. I found out an app was doing it. Check to see what apps are running and stop those that dont need to be running.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
On top of what @clevin said, I would turn off wifi and data, and uncheck the account sync boxes in case something is looping overnight. Just for a while.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem recently losing battery life quickly. I found out an app was doing it. Check to see what apps are running and stop those that dont need to be running.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

On top of what @clevin said, I would turn off wifi and data, and uncheck the account sync boxes in case something is looping overnight. Just for a while.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

It sounds from the OP's description that the phone was actually powered down when this drastic drop happened in a matter of hours, which would be a hardware problem, unless something had thrown off the calibration.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It sounds from the OP's description that the phone was actually powered down when this drastic drop happened in a matter of hours, which would be a hardware problem, unless something had thrown off the calibration.

yeah, thats why I suggested a procedure for calibration first, it could be off calibration curve. If part of battery cell is damaged, then sudden drop will always occur.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR