New Teme Launcher

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of threads on this...you may not get a lot of responses...I would suggest searching your question on google first and see what launcher threads on forums pop up...that being said , Nova launcher is great and there are many more with free trials. I would suggest trying a few launchers that have free trial and see if you like them. Then you can purchase the launcher of your choice to get extra options within that launcher.
You will not lose your original launcher. It will be there when you choose to switch back to it. I would however suggest removing widgets from your original launcher if you chose a replacement launcher as widgets are always running. I'm not sure it would make a difference on battery life but it might.
Setting up a launcher for the first time can be time consuming depending on how much you like to customize.
There are launchers out there that will even let you copy others set ups by just clicking install and it will install all apps for the themes, icon, widgets involved in that theme set up...I think Buzz launcher may be one of these types of launchers.
You can also look at the sticky above for home pages and themes...most will let you know what they are using.
Good luck and do this when you have some time as you will get sucked in and not want to stop...have fun.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
There are launchers out there that will even let you copy others set ups by just clicking install and it will install all apps for the themes, icon, widgets involved in that theme set up...I think Buzz launcher may be one of these types of launchers.
I think Nova also asks when you first run it if you want to import layouts etc. from your previous launcher.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It does...I'm not sure it always works unless you back up launcher first and then make sure the file is stored where it can be found...I have had hit or miss luck with this.

In the previous post I was speaking of launches that would import and install all apps necessary to copy another persons set up...that way you don't have to go to store and install each app individually.

Launchers are great for making your older phone feel new again.
And insome cases make it respond quicker...I find touch wiz kind of laggy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463